1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Begging for thanks and replies?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Jess4U, Jan 16, 2010.

1. bartap74

bartap74 ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Because of my ambition to be king? ;)

2. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

But surely it is all relative to what motivates the poster? There are now 'thanks' milestone threads which most people that have posted in this thread have gone in to congratulate.

If a big poster is motivated by 'thanks' yipee, if they are motivated by comments yipee.. I cant see any scenario whereby some one who gets off on thanks and asks for them should be discouraged or slammed.

If thanks are so unimportant why was the 'remove thanks' option installed? The most ridiculous thing I've seen in ages.

3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

That wasn't directed at you Bartap.

Thanks is the more important number then post count, but asking for thanks is the issue.

The remove thanks button was installed because sometimes you hit that button by accident, it might happen to the Mods more than anyone else, but it happens.

Begging for thanks or only sharing if you get 50 is in poor taste and against the good nature of sharing.

iamnothere, MileHigh and bartap74 like this.
  4. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

This I am dead against and agree with you comments 100%

5. DemonDave

DemonDave Been a Phunner since '08! Ten Years of Phun

yeah this just frosts my sac.........

i post a lot in peoples threads just to say thanks and let them know that not everybody is a leech.

the posters here at Phun work very hard at putting up good stuff and with a great format and lots of attention to layouts and so on.

its why i dont post many pix myself: just cant hold a candle to the quality way they do it and make it look great and easy.

so saying thank you or hitting a reply should just be a given. if you like what you see: thank the poster or leave a reply.

have some class.

6. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

MileHigh and Perfect4ths like this.
  7. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

8. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Hm, same here ! :( ... but my congrats will stay there.

My idea here was posting what i like and if people don`t like / thank me ... Nothing i can do about it !

Ok, it has happend one or two times ... often after some beer and Vodka ... that i ask my Friends to give me some "Love" .... ;):)

10. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

Thanks for that P4, I've just realised that I've been a naughty boy, I've been running a thirty day trial of Bulk Image Downloader. As a consequence I have tended to hop into a thread, grab address, stick in BID, thank OP or make a nice comment and then leave, without checking whether there were any other posts that I should have thanked To anyone that I may have failed to thank, I apologise.

Gwynd

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Miley Rae Highrus ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

12. DirtyCa$h

DirtyCa$h I'll make ya famous!

thats really sad, removing a thanks, like none of you ever posted a link to one of your posts in chats so your friends would bump it..:roll:

or had a post with 98 thanks and asked for 2 more so you could scurry off to post it in the 100+ thanks thread..

13. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

i've never had a post with 100 thanks :p

14. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

hm.
    i for one don´t mind a "friendly encouragement" for a thanks by the OP in a thread.
    offering more content for thanks - that´s begging and "wrong".

15. Perfect4ths

Never had a thread get 100 thanks, but that's what I get for posting in the Model and Sexy Video Forums. A hint of breast or pantie gets more attention these days.

Pimping your threads so your friends see it is completely different from directing people to click the thanks button or only posting more if you get a predetermined number of thanks.

I am very generous with the thanks, but I refuse to click it if I'm being asked to.

16. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup.;)

"Pimping" is different.

(as everyone can see,I am not afraid of thanking a post......;)