1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Blog: Life of Sophie

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by SophieK81, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Being at work today was like being back at school, girls have regressed to being like they were then.
    "What was he like? what did he do? we'd you go" blow by blow if you forgive the pun.

I said it was good and me and my habit of having uncoordinated feet didn't result in me falling over.

Meanwhile
    My friends are good, they know about my usual Valentines are like = bleak
    and have been trying to "cheer me up" with pictures as they weren't aware of last night.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Merlin, S-type and Ice like this.
  2. SophieK81

SophieK81 Like the deserts miss the rain ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Movers & Shakers Asked & Answered The girl most likely to... Phun Award Holder

Away for the weekend.

Laterz

Meanwhile
    Just got this
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cara ate all the lesbians.

3. Ice

Ice Magically delicious ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Now she has all their powers! There is only one way to defeat her, Sophie, you know what you must do.....

SophieK81 likes this.
  4. SophieK81

In deepest, darkness Kent.

Meanwhile
    Starting
    The Umbrella Academy tonight
    [​IMG]
    I accept the challenge, but not till Monday.

5. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

From the bleak North I journeyed to Cliftonville (near Margate) to holiday with my parents when in my early teens! Many years later I moved to Rochester with my wife when first I went on promotion to work in London, but the third-rail electric service of the day was so unreliable that we moved to Chelmsford after about twelve months. Here endeth the lesson about my connection with Kent! :rolleyes:

SophieK81 likes this.
  6. SophieK81

We're currently near Hever Castle in a holiday cottage, visited Broadstairs (foggy/shower) by the time we got to Ramsgate (few miles away) sunny like Spring, micro climates.

7. S-type

No travelogue about hops and oasthouses? No explanation of the difference between "Kentish Men" and "Men of Kent"? Just the weather? ;) :rolleyes:

8. SophieK81

I'd forgotten how quickly once you're out of London, its picture postcard villages, my Dad used to go on holiday when he was little
    to the Isle of Sheppey (in the Thames estuary) we stayed Hever Castle been there a few times before, but haven't stayed there in the area.
    Its only about 90 minutes out from South London, saw a oasthouse x 2 one converted, one original purpose.
    Don't know about Kentish Men/Men of Kent, but slept with a Kentish girl over the weekend with frozen feet.

Meanwhile
    [​IMG]
    Just when i think i've got over her, she pulls me in again.
    But its a good way to start the week.
    [​IMG]
    For those of you who wondered who she is.
    Its Edie Sedgwick
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_Sedgwick

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    driller195, Merlin, S-type and 2 others like this.
  9. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

How Is Umbrella? No spoilers please

SophieK81 and Sonicboom like this.
  10. SophieK81

Ok i'd describe it as X-Men meets Stranger things with a side order of Sabrina.

Plus a brilliant Soundtrack!!!!

driller195, Merlin, Taipan and 3 others like this.
  11. SophieK81

This working day has flown by (I'm not complaining) tonight Centrepoint.
    Then to my Sisters for ep6 of "The Umbrella Academy", Netflix recommission it!

Meanwhile
    For some reason one of my friends thought my Valentine's Day/Weekend was a disaster
    (probably went on my track record) and sent me these to cheer me up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now i just hate/envy her ex.

driller195, S-type, Merlin and 3 others like this.
  12. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That sounds like its the worst thing on Netflix right now...
    Then again I just finished up watching all 5 season of 'The 100' so what do I know...

You should tell your friends Valentines was even worse than they think... keep the gifts flowing.

S-type, SophieK81 and Taipan like this.
  13. Ice

Ice Magically delicious ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really good, not as good as Legion. But the use of music throughout is brilliant.

14. RaiderCane

RaiderCane The negative one :-\ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Sophies Blog and Sports

FYI, the next seasons of Jessica Jones and The Punisher will be the last, as Netflix has cancelled them and completed their Marvel purge, though I bet anything its because of Marvel's omnipotent owners and they'll be rebooted on Disney's upcoming streaming service and Disneyfied in the process(barf).

S-type, Taipan, Merlin and 1 other person like this.
  15. SophieK81

I can't say i'm surprised as they may be coming to their natural conclusion?

But in saying that if their last Netflix outing does well, they'll be reappearing on the new Disney+ platorm?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47285606

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-...elevision-fans-from-jeph-loeb?linkId=63749654

As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said
    "The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up."

To be continued...!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  16. SophieK81

I like your thinking! will give it a try.

Meanwhile
    On the Marvel/Netflix divorce, i wonder with the cancellations how much was it series reaching
    their natural conclusion vs finish our contractual obligations ahead of moving to Disney+?

Sometimes drama series reach their natural conclusions, some go on pass their sell by dates.
    I loved "Orange" OITNB, it was the first Netflix series i watched, but i stopped watching it
    half way through the last season, why? I just got the feeling they were treading water and
    going over old ground in a new set up.

I asked in the Official chat but nobody answered.
    Does anybody use the Opera browser?
    If you do what do you think about it?

driller195 and Sonicboom like this.
  17. S-type

Apparently - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers - Opera has a pretty small (3.13%) market share of browsers worldwide, but devotees probably love it, just as I love Firefox (5.1%)!

Sonicboom likes this.
  18. SophieK81

Thanks reason i ask is friend showed me on Sunday and i was surprised how quick it was.
    I've used Firefox for a long time and liked it, but they use Chrome at work so got used to it.
    Plus the Google designers got it right as it interacts with everything and you get used to that.

But Opera impressed me.

driller195, Sonicboom and S-type like this.
  19. S-type

I assume it's free? If so, give it a whirl?

PS It's interesting that it appears to predominate on the African continent for some reason?

20. SophieK81

Yeah its free
    https://www.opera.com

driller195 and S-type like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.