1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Celeb nude trading - Is it even a real thing?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by havewelost, Apr 3, 2019.

1. havewelost

havewelost

Topic. TBH I've seen enough scams to doubt that the practice is even real. But if not, then how the hell do all these leaks end up in places like Vola (and of course, Phun)? I'm genuinely curious.

Sonicboom and virus115 like this.
  2. James25

James25 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Yes, it's real. There are lots of people that trade celeb nudes like baseball cards.

3. Sonicboom

Sonicboom Speed Kills ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Phun Award Holder Fastest Phunner

Interesting question ... I have always been curious myself

4. ImTheCaptainNow

ImTheCaptainNow ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very real.

5. havewelost

havewelost

In that case I would be very interested to know what kind of people are doing the trading. Is it just hackers who acquire the photos themselves? Is it even possible for someone without hacking/social engineering skills to enter the trading scene at all?

Of course, I say that, but I know that anybody who knows the answers to these questions is unlikely to give up the secrets of the trade (so to speak). But maybe it's worth a shot.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes

You dont need to be a hacker, you just need to have nude celeb pics that other people don't have, they don't care how you obtained them. The reason you see a lot of fakes that get thrown out as a leak is because someone is trying to convince someone they have goods so that they can acquire actual goods and then trade those for more goods. When something gets leaked its usually because one trader thinks he got ripped off by someone else and decides they want revenge and decide to ruin his goods by releasing it to the public. I know for a fact that was how the wwe paige cumpilation vid got released

Ice, MrMontyPython and Sonicboom like this.
  7. havewelost

havewelost

Thanks for the response, but I struggle to see how it's possible to have legit celeb nudes without getting them yourself through hacking/social engineering. Unless of course, like you said, you try to scam a trader with fakes, or else pay somebody with the skills to get the real stuff, which seems like a good way to get scammed. And leads me back to my original question. How does one acquire these materials in the first place? Seems like a weird chicken and the egg scenario to me.

8. emwangarand

emwangarand

People sometimes share (or shared) what they have just to brag.

Of course that might not be safe these days, as some people have already been imprisoned over the fappening. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that friends/acquaintances shared stuff with each other.

9. emwangarand

emwangarand

Addendum: Take for example the Korean Pop Idol scandal that's rocking their industry. Several male KPOP stars have admitted to sharing videos and pictures with one another. While it's true that they basically traded among each other, there is a chance some were added into the group just because they were friends, without them offering any material upfront.

They in turn could have shared the content with their own circle of friends, and the cycle continues, until someone either reported it to the authorities, or someone decides to monetize and begin trading with strangers for money/other content.

10. havewelost

havewelost

Okay, that makes sense. One more question: what about targeting a celeb who's stuff isn't already out there? Is that solely in the realm of the hackers? I've heard stories about guys being targeted for nudes they'd been sent of their celeb girlfriends. Which would certainly require at least social engineering. Does that mean anybody wanting to pull something like that off without the right skills is SOL? Or is there some other method? Perhaps a way to throw a name out there to put somebody with the skills on their radar for targeting; not for money, but for wins? Am I crazy, or is that maybe, possibly, a thing?

I know the answer's almost certainly "no".

11. emwangarand

emwangarand

I mean, you could try to date them...

12. vgfan

vgfan

I remember a few years ago, one guy in a Discord room for talking about leaks actually gave somebody an at-the-time-unseen (but since released) Melina Perez nude, just because they hit it off and had a common interest (pro wrestling).

Otherwise, I have no idea how others get hacked/leaked, other than what's already been said. I'm genuinely curious about who's being traded because of all the supposed lists, there were some names that weren't on them that were later leaked (Sue Perkins and her girlfriend, Jill Halfpenny and a number of others, for example).

emwangarand likes this.
  13. GalwayGuy81

GalwayGuy81

Date the hackers?

CpTkurk, vgfan and emwangarand like this.
  14. emwangarand

emwangarand

Hey if it gets you the goods... :shifty:

CpTkurk likes this.
  15. JayCee1000

JayCee1000

Before Apple turned on 2 factor authetication by default it used to be relatively easy to access peoples icloud accounts, you just had to get their password which with people who aren't security minded isn't that difficult. Once you have their password you can download everything in the icloud account from photos to iphone backups. This also icludes deleted photos which used to be kept up to about 1 year so if you're one of those people who takes a photo, looks at it and then deletes it thinking it has gone, you're very wrong.
    Look at all the releases and they are over 2 years old which is when Apple introduced 2 factor authentication and basically stopped this kind of hack and afaik there isn't a way to get around this yet that is easy to implement.
    Of course there are other ways, I'm sure celebs drop their phones and take them in to be fixed when it's easy to do a backup.

So to answer question there probably are a number of people who sussed out how to hack iCloud accounts and downloaded the photos to trade amongst themselves. I also believe the number of new public releses will dwindle as there won't be many new hacks and the ones the collectors have they'll want to hang on to. I'm sure that there are some sets which only a single person has.

emwangarand likes this.
  16. vgfan

vgfan

Which then makes me wonder; If the new releases dwindle, what would be the point in hanging onto stuff that hasn't leaked? Sure, it might be valuable but if there's nothing new to trade it with...

emwangarand likes this.
  17. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Is that even a debate?Ι do it all the time.
    Using mining methods on quantum-based pc is relatively easy to gather sufficient amounts of nudes so you can stock up and start trading.
    I usually trade blond celebrities but if i get some rare finds im not the one to back off from a trade that will prove profitable in the future.
    [​IMG]

18. Wadsworth

Wadsworth

This is right on the money. Just a few years ago it was incredibly easy to get into iCloud. The Fappening was really the beginning of the end. Apple had to have known thousands upon thousands of accounts were being accessed, but until the rich and powerful were victims they were never going to do anything about it. That said, there are definitely some major celebrities whose pictures are still being traded because they were either being hoarded at the time of the original massive leak or only a select few traders had them in the first place. I’d be shocked if they ever got out.

I got into the scene by having one celebrity nobody else had, then traded her a few dozen times until I had a pretty good collection. Sadly, I no longer have anybody who’s not out there anymore so I’m out of the game. I got burned with my last exclusive set (I should have known better) so what I have is basically useless for trading now. It was fun while it lasted.

Ice likes this.
  19. URAllFggts

URAllFggts

:lmao:

20. wigglybutt65

wigglybutt65

Also even if celebs are security minded the standard security questions tend to be more common knowledge

emwangarand likes this.