1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

comments in celeb forum

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by gaphugs, Jun 29, 2012.

1. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Is there any appetite from mods to ban comments in celeb threads or at least implement the NS rule there? . It's not life or death, but trawling through the inevitable troll posts to find adds is becoming really not enjoyable. Some people like Lohan, others don't, same with miley and many others.

As it relates to implants or not, nipple out not etc, can there not be a separate celeb discussion area ? It's killing other posters threads as while the pics are of equal quality the subject is not as polarizing.

Some would say if it ain't broke don't fix it but it would be great to see mods make a brave, proactive and major change.

It's not about interaction anymore, it's just a handful of people spamming good threads

2. leviathan0999

leviathan0999 BANNED

I couldn't disagree more strongly with this idea if someone paid me. The fact that the celeb forum allows for discussion -- even when much of that gets taken up with morons who, say, can't tell Emma Watson's a girl if her hair is short -- is all that sets Phun above boring collections of photosets like PlanetSuzy, or the Mod-Ego-Fests that are VEF and NCF.

I oppose a comment ban in the strongest possible terms. (In fact, I really think that the strong discouragement of discussion in the "Woah, she did hardcore" thread, and its predecessor, the "I Can't believe She Did Hardcore" thread, is somewhere between foolish and stupid. Clearly, the needs of the board users are best met by allowing discussion. You can tell, because they discuss stuff until they're yelled at.)

3. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

A refreshing change, Gap! In the past you've sided with the view that heavy-handed Mod censorship of discussion/debate was stifling the life out of phun.org!

As far as NS breaches are concerned, we usually leave it to thread owners to monitor their own threads, because each has his own ideas as to what he finds acceptable, and we're happy to respond to them when necessary.

We have no plans to embargo general comments/discussion, in the Celeb arena or elsewhere, but as usual we will act in those instances where we believe that phun.org's stated principles are threatened.

Flippy likes this.
  4. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

My general standpoint is to always try and let the debate and opinions flow as they see fit. It isnt always possible off course but i tend to only lock at things i see as NS when im in a thread with such a thing or if it has been reported to me from a member.

5. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I'm generally for whatever idiotic comments people want to make. The only hard line I would draw is posting off-topic pics in someone else's thread. The only time I ever asked a mod to delete a comment was when someone posted depressing post-boob-job HC pics of Jessie Rogers in my thread featuring one of her pre-boob-job glam sets.

Flippy likes this.
  6. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I'm against censoring comments whether I agree with them or not, or to what degree of idiocy they reach. Something has to be pretty foul for me to take issue with it. And while I agree there's a maddening level of inane comments in celeb threads I really can't think of a compelling reason to legislate it. Morons outnumber sensible people in this world, that's just a fact of life.

Also, I'm not really fond of people posting off subject pics in others' threads but unless there's a vocal complaint about it from the thread owner/starter or others commenting in the thread I leave 'em be.
    Isn't that one of the purposes of the General Forum?