1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Backyard - Open Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by GBTG, Apr 29, 2010.

1. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

THE CREATIVE BACKYARD
    ~ OPEN DISCUSSION THREAD ~

Well seeing as the sig threads can get cluttered up with comments and conversations I got thinking last night that it would be a good idea to have a thread here in Creative solely dedicated to those discussions. I'll be the first guy to admit that it's very helpful to discuss techniques with other sig makers, but there isn't much of a platform for it here in the CB, so instead of having to PM other members asking for advice, let's just do it all in here! If you've made a sig and aren't sure about something on it, why not post it here asking for advice! If you have a technique that nobody else is doing, why not throw together a tutorial and share it with us all? That kind of stuff, I don't know maybe it'll catch on, and if not it'll fall into the abyss that is Page 2 of this forum, no big deal!

Cheers! ;)

2. GBTG

In the request thread me, Lukin and AFX were discussing the pros and cons of using Topaz Clean on text.

For any of you who haven't checked into the capabilities of this awesome filter you can download a free 30 day trial HERE

If used correctly it can really be a great finishing touch to your sigs, it'll smooth the edges and make it more appealing.

Just don't OD with it! :p

Nemesis likes this.
  3. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Nice idea, but really belongs in the GF, added No Spam to thread title to keep out any BS

4. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I looked at the topaz stuff when you guys were first starting to use it, but since it's not ported to linux, I'm sorta left out on that one. Seems to be a nice finishing touch if used with a light hand.

5. GBTG

Yeah, nothing can ruin a sig more than someone overusing it! :eek:

6. Cy

From what's been posted in the early days of it's adoption as a tool here, I'd say you got that right. But that's the same with most anything new. It takes a while to become proficient.

7. GBTG

Yeah it's just like when there's a new font that everyone likes (like Satisfaction) then all of a sudden EVERYONE'S using it and it suddenly becomes less effective.

I guess one could say the same thing about styles themselves, but that's why I try and change my style whenever I get bored.

Either that or I quit making sigs for a while and wait for my interest to kick back up.

(That doesn't happen as often as it used to though)

8. Cy

I'm working on writing a new script that will apply a single layer as an effect on top of many other layers(frames for animation layers) right now. I'm having a bit of trouble applying the layer mask at the end of the operation. If we have any programmers familiar with python, it'd sure be a help

9. Cy

Heh, I'm way too sporadic for that to happen often. :rofl:

10. GBTG

I have 0 programming experience, so that's a no go for me! :lol:

11. Cy

Yeah, I dont think phun is going to be the place to find scripting authors, but you never know.

12. Cy

You ever tried using render clouds to produce dappled lighting effects?

13. GBTG

So you think this thread has a good chance of catching on?

My only worry is that there are Creative members who never really venture into the GF!

I'll have to go spreading the word if I don't see them in here! :p

14. GBTG

Nope, just my soft brush layer work, that's all the lighting effects I need! ;)

15. Cy

I dont see why not. It sort of links in with the creative resources thread. I hate cruising pages of talk to find a particular link in there. Keep the talk in here, and the tuts and links in there. 1 can reference the other very easily.

Ok, back to script writing, cya guys :wavey:

16. dairymilk654

dairymilk654

If anyone wants the Topaz clean cracked version, just PM :)

17. AFX

AFX Guest

Nice idea for a thread GB, I think enough creative members visit GF for it to work.

On the general subject of sigs, I'm a fucking idiot. A while back I lost my whole sig folder to hard drive failure, and a couple of weeks ago I was in a drunken bad mood and I deliberately got rid of my new folder, so in the couple of years I've been making them I only have the very recent ones I did, and a few old .psd files. What a waste aye?

GBTG likes this.
  18. GBTG

That's a fucking shame you deleted them AFX! But no time like the present to start rebuilding it, right!? ;)

19. Nemesis

Nemesis

He even deleted mine that he just made just the other day. :lol:

20. GBTG

LOL! Good thing you saved it Nem! :p