1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

FakeRay Tutorial

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Kaleidoscope, May 28, 2010.

1. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

Greeting Phunsters,

A few of you have encouraged me to share my approach to making FakeRay images. So I created this thread that will take you through a step-by-step process while providing some insight on areas that will help make your FakeRays look a real as possible.

The image that I will use is be beloved Shania Twain. On the left is the starting image and, on the right, what it will look like at the end of the process.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Please note that it will the process will be unfolded over a course of about 15-17 posts over an equal number of days. This will happen while juggling other projects and assignments. So please be patient if I miss an update.

HawkeyeBerlin, kickass, neo01 and 4 others like this.
  2. sing

sing

Burn, thank you for taking the time, I can't wait for the process to unfold. You are amazing, thank you!

3. mikeman865

mikeman865

excited for this to start! :)

4. Stab Master Arson

Stab Master Arson

Word-up!

5. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

Here we go... Steps 1 - 4

Step 1:

The first thing is to select an image of a celebrity that I really enjoy looking at and, sometimes, fall in love with.
    This is because the degree that the image to be FakeRay'ed interests me has a direct link to the quality of the end product. This is why Phunsters might have noticed that I have done more of some starlets than others. (Some celebs, like Megan Fox and Rhianna, will never be on my list because they turn me off for some reason.)

The screen short below shows the Shenia photo open on my desk top. I resize the image to being about 8 inches tall so that it isn't too large when someone views it on phun. The resolution is increased to 200 dpi for greater latitude in making adjustments later on.

[​IMG]

Step 2:

The second step is finding a donor image. the important thing is to be able to match the skin tone and body positioning as closely as possible otherwise, as I have learned, the final image looks less natural (like Heidi Montag after her 1,000th surgery).

This will take some time and a lot of searching nudie website for the right image. One of the most frustrating things that I've encounters is finding an image with the qualifications but having an object (e.g., hair, clothing, hands, etc) at places that increases the amount of work that is needed to make a natural looking FakeRay.

Here I show the donor image that I selected to become Shenia's breats. It found this one on Babe-Envy.com, which has a good mixture of girlies to choose from. Another site that I use is DailyNine.com.

[​IMG]

Step 3:

At this step, I've dragged the doner image from the website and dropped it in photoshop on a layer just above Shenia. Now comes the fun part.

[​IMG]

Step 4:

I use the rectangle Marque tool to select just enough area of the donor image to fit Shenia's chest area. I copy the selected area and paste on a new layer.

After this, I turn off the original donor image but keep it just in case I need it again.

Next, I reduce the opacity just enough to be able to see the my celebrity image. In this case, I reduced it to 62%. Although it's now quite visible in the screen shot, I was just able to see the Shenia's shape on my monitor.

Using CMD T, I resize and reposition the new layer so that the donor model's breasts and abdomen are aligned with Shenia's body. It make take a few tries to get it right. I turn the donor layer on and off a few times in rapidly to give me a sense on the quality of the alignment.

[​IMG]

All for now... More coming in the next few days.

PS: My apologies for the delay. I had a nasty fall that needed a short hospital stay.

6. sing

sing

Burn, hope you are feeling better, great tutorial!

7. mikeman865

mikeman865

thanks so far! hope your feeling better as well!

8. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

Step 5

In Step 5, I create a mask and remove the unneeded and/or distract areas of the donor image. This may include donor models face, limbs, jewelry, shadows, and background detail. As you can see in this stage's screenshot, I've removed all but the donor models rack and rib cage.

There area few things that I would like you to notice in the screenshot. The first is that Shania’s shoulders, a slice of area new the collar, and her waist on the sides have not been replaced with the area from donor image. The process of removing detail that would make the final product look unnatural has exposed this area. I'll fix this in a latter step.

[​IMG]

Step 6

This is a critical step that might get a little frustrating. Here I try to match the donor image colour to Shania’s skin tones by using Image filters. I start out using the Levels. (Image>Adjustments>Levels) This tool is usually effective to bringing the donor image tone in alignment with the original image. However, I might need to adjust the contrast, brightness, exposure depending on how it looks. It might take some time but it makes a more realistic looking product. Please note that I try to get an *approximate* match. Getting an exact match isn't needed because any difference between the two are compensated in the next step.

That said, a special tip is to try and find a donor image that has a skin tone that is already a close match to the original.

[​IMG]

Step 7

This is a simple step where I make a duplicate of the original Shania shot.

[​IMG]

Next, I drag this new layer up to the top of the pile and reduce the opacity to about 45 - 55% depending on how well I can see the donor image through the top layer.

[​IMG]

Step 8

Now I've added a Layer Mask to the top Shania image and set the Brush to 18% opacity. Then I resize the brush so that it's just large enough to approximately match her boob. Now I carefully lighten her rack area so that the donor's breast/nipples start looking like it's Shania’s own flesh peeking through the shirt

[​IMG]

Step 9

In this step, I use the Burn Tool to darken the nipples. Sometimes this is optional but other times it's absolutely necessary. It's a judgment call made on how realistic the FakeRay is progressing.

[​IMG]

Step 10

Here I make a blank layer and position it just below the donor image. This will be used to conceal the areas that will reveal the edges of the donor image.

I set the brush colour to match the flesh tone of the donor image. then, I turn off the top Shania layer and the Donor layer and then paint on the blank layer in the critical areas using the original Background layer as a guide.

[​IMG]

I also toggle the donor layer on an off to make sure that I'm not missing a spot.

[​IMG]

Step 11

Once I have all the areas covered, I turn on the donor layer and the top layer on.

[​IMG]

PRESTO! A FakeRay!

[​IMG]

Any questions?

9. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

I appreciate the accolades for my work and flattered when I get a request to FakeRay, which I try to fulfill when they are posted in my thread. However, I recently started receiving a few private messages asking me to do a FakeRay of ladies in the Phunster's personal life.

Making a FakeRay of these type of images can place me in trouble with the law because there is no way that I can independently verify that these girlies are of legal age or accretion that the images wont be used to embarrass someone.

To avoid this risk, I will only FakeRay images of celebrities who I can verify that the image was taken after reaching the age of 18 years. So please only submit requests for ladies that have a profile in the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) or someone who has a public profile.

If you want a FakeRay of a private citizen, please learn how to do it by visiting my tutorial at: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=496179

1feetluv and HawkeyeBerlin like this.
  10. snowghost

snowghost

Very nice, I play around with PS but never got to this point yet

11. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Life Rocks!

So what are you waiting for? give it a good ol' college try!