1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

frontpage list of "members currently online"

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by mokkoriman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Perhaps, but how many other functions of our board do you suppose they've tinkered with as well that got us to this point of "performance" gentlemen?

I, for one, have an extraordinarily hard time believing that an only slightly dynamic function of this place is able to phuck up the works board wide. Especially when you consider that it was working perfectly (as was the rest of the board) prior to the unannounced "update/upgrade", and there were never any concerns whatsoever with it with the former host. Please, let's not get lulled into a sense of "smoothness"/performance because we're getting comfortable/used to the aspects of this place that have gone by the wayside. Phun needs to revert back to it's former greatness with every aspect working, and available to you bros. But, that's just my opinion.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend gents. :beerchug:

ManRay and S-type like this.
  2. onewayblonde

onewayblonde

I am not looking to turn anyone in but I have noticed a few posters have links in their signature to their outside blogs. Is this allowed? Can someone refer me to the rule on this?

I would just like to start a project and use a link to my blog in my signature, I will put a link back to Phun.org on the front page of my blog, would this be allowed?

3. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

This isn't the thread for questions owb. This belongs in the issues. But, to answer your question, if it's your blog, and if we receive a link back, you're good to go. :wink:

4. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Now that the "member currently online" feature has been re-enabled, it seems the forum is back to it's slow going lag issues again. I guess this feature really does create a speed issue?

For example, just now, I decided to give Thanks to someone... it took just about 87 seconds (I counted out loud), just to give Thanks. :31:

Hey, I like seeing what members are currently online... but if it really does cause a speed issue like this, perhaps it's better if it's disabled. :shrug:

(about to hit "post quick reply"... 3 to 1 odds I get a 504 Gateway error)...

EDIT UPDATE: HA... 504 Gateway error indeed. I should go buy a lottery ticket. :roll:

5. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

The list should stay disabled. :2cent:

6. AustinTxRocker

AustinTxRocker

no basic features should be dropped!

find out why it slows down the forum and FIX THAT!

7. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

maybe find out what is slowing the forum before fixing that