1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Massive Files being Deleted in [FS] Account!

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by jake101, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jake101

jake101 Posting Just for Phun!

Recently I have felt like I have been targeted for a massive file deletion in my FS account.
    I lost over 100 files in the past few weeks and this morning, I lost all my X-@rt Files!!!
    Maybe I am making it too easy for them to find my links?
    Maybe they hacked into my account?
    Has anyone else been experiencing massive files being deleted??
    It seems to have picked up in the last month for me.
    Any suggestions are Greatly appreciated!

Also I was wondering since this is a v bulletin site, why can't we add a [hide] [/hide] feature to hide the links and when a member clicks on the "Thank You" tab, the Links appear.

I will start uploading all my xa videos again, but I want to better protect them as to not have to do this again!
    Thanks again Everybody!

2. ackt

ackt Qian jin! Qian jin!

it happens to me like a few times in a year. Thank god i have backups and fibre service :D

3. gizmoo

gizmoo

I'm not sure how the powers that be feel about safelinking but have you thought of trying the below site?

Code:
    http://safelinking.net/

Another thing you might consider doing is putting your links inside of code tags. I won't be surprised if the file hosts check who their highest referers are and just trash anything that looks remotely illegal. Especially with the massive crackdown going on with hotfile at the moment. You can't be too careful.

jake101 likes this.
  4. dubbi

dubbi Cosmo Kramer :) ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

my nurumassage files were deleted too a few months ago... 200 files in 2 days!
    I think you can't do anything against deleting files, but:
    i make a copy from the "hot files" in filemanager at filesonic.
    i have no experiences if these files were deleted too (no files were deleted since i made copies).
    But if if not you can easiely change links in forums ^^

jake101 likes this.
  5. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Like many forums, we do not allow link protectors, anonymisers, and suchlike! All links must be direct and in clear!

jake101 likes this.
  6. besiktas

besiktas

Today, 250 link deleted. There is someone in the forum is the only one complaining.

This section is normally closed to members profile?

Find all threads started by beşiktaş

7. LouisZ

LouisZ

X-art and NuruMassage you find on many boards blacklist, so i guess the content industry agents are still alive and reporting links (at least from time to time). I guess it's still the same old strategy: hiring lawers who attack the hosters (like RS, HF, MU and this is surely not the end) and hiring some agents who crawl the net and report links.

Backups might help as long as the hosters are not forced (by authorities) to use a blacklist/md5hash to prevent re-upping of the (exact) same file. In the meantime it seems HF is using such a list, haven't experienced similar at FS. So if you have your files stored on another filehoster you can easily remote them to FS (if the hoster supports that) without repacking/reupping. I higly recommend that.

Btw, i lost a few files on HF and FS and i didn't get a notice via email, so if you have a linklist of your uploads, maybe use the hosters linkchecker to make sure that you are really informed about deleted files.

jake101 likes this.
  8. rowemike24

rowemike24 BANNED

From the Fileserve website:
    Report DMCA
    If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed by one of our users, please contact us at: ...

If someone has a grudge or otherwise wants to have your files deleted...they do not have to "hack" your account, they can just send an email.

9. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

usually you have to provide some kind of legitimation for a DMCA-request. is it really that '"easy" on FS?

10. ktm2001

ktm2001

It used to be easy, i have lost in the past like 200 amateur files because i guess that someone didnt like my thread (other forum) and found the way to report non copyright material. That was a few months ago so maybe things have changed.

11. PbloggerKing

PbloggerKing !*The One*!

Well 1 month ago all my files were deleted @phun and the perpetrator contacted me on phun and told me that he is collecting my links because i complained about him in the forum issues thread.I think it is the banned user heroman/Gudojohn.But it was no problem for me because iam on an 100mbit connection and i have alot of backups ;).Here is his message in very bad english:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You could check his ip and see if iam right :D