1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get so far ???

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Jun 28, 2009.

1. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

Please do not dismantle my Collages thread ( Celebrity and Model Collages and Edits ) ... Here is the intro the the thread, dated August 28, 2008:

The thread has stood well as it is: containing originals and "Web-finds." Read the comments after my introductory post. It is one of Phun's most successful threads of its type. Dismantling it would tear me apart.

Thanks. -2001pm

Jammsbro, Perfect4ths, Inuk and 2 others like this.
  2. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I have always enjoyed pm's Celebrity and Models Collage and Edit thread.

it should be a part of the Creative Backyard. I have never seen the problem with it being part of this section.

Jammsbro and 2001pm like this.
  3. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Good suggestions GB.
    I do however (not because it is mine) think we should keep a displays thead for a couple of reasons.
    1. Incase newbs come along and get unsure about sig sizes posted in the normal thread and start using or requesting oversized sigs.
    2. I make a lot of bigger sigs for another forum and would like to display them.

As said, if it doesn't fit in then I have no objection to it being merged with the other threads and I'll just post other sigs entitled "Display".

4. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm in full agreement in keeping the displays thread, no problem there whatsoever.
    I know you do a lot of sigs elsewhere and I love seeing the work.

irish-sid likes this.
  5. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I would suggest that whatever the outcome of this exercise, existing thread-holders should be assured that no existing (and therefore by definition previously approved) threads would be "dismantled" or disassembled and reassembled! In 2001pm's case it would simply be impracticable, anyway! :)

2001pm likes this.
  6. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Changing the names or adjusting toolz's threads is not do-able. It was debated extensively recently and mods decided that the threads would not be changed. It was also sugested at the time that if you dont fancy posting in toolz'sthreads create your own etc. IMO, anything that will further deter people from coming to phun or posting on it should be discouraged. BTW - I made a "shite" remark earlier on, this was about how, without regulation, CB could becomed further cluttered with tom, dick and harry starting sig threads. THat would be shite, not the actual work of people.

Jammsbro likes this.
  7. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

So, we are going to get simple guidelines that point us in the best direction to post our worx.

Thank you.

8. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Great points, S-Type. I like the looks of Creative Center, Creative Studios or just Creative Forum.

This would concentrate too many things that involve various techniques or greatly different end results. You might as well just have one thread in the General to display every concievable creative notion, including sigs. Why should there be separate sig threads yet have all the other "litter" heaped into one pile? I fully understand how popular the sig business has become but, I dont think they are more important than other works created here.

The CB is only 3 pages deep. Other sections can move threads that far in a matter of hours. I dont think we have a space problem in the CB with a need to deny individuals their own personal, creative threads nor ones designed to display and discuss different techniques and outcomes.

Jammsbro, GBTG, Cy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cy

I agree with S-type on this one. you cant lump things together too much or it becomes impossible to hold a conversation. If a subforum is a room and threads are conversations, who wants to talk over others at the same table?

10. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Contrary to what you believe ... it's not my intention to dismantle your thread ... never been ... never will. You know (at least I hope) I posted there also.

My suggestion was to extend it so "walls" and other topics like "nature" etc... found on the web could also be posted there.
    That's not taking it down ... it's giving it even more exposure imo.

However if you think it should remain for celebs/models only ... I respect that since it's your thread.
    We'll have to think about another solution then if someone want to post "webfound" nature, abstract etc... walls.

As for the name "Creative Backyard"; I'm not opposed to changing it
    but out of respect we should hear Riv's opinion on this 'cause it was his idea to start this sub forum in the first place.
    Just one reminder: the CB was intended for more than just graphics/images so imo "creative" should stay ...

Finally I want to thank all of you for the constructive replies and suggestions.
    It has had it's bumps but that's past tense for me and I'm pleased we all are having an open debate on issues now.

So keep the suggestions flowing ... it'll be a handy source for the mods. ;)

Cy, S-type, SilentB and 2 others like this.
  11. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Those are good names.

Is this still just brainstorming or is anything final for consideration? Mods? Lets get the issues cleared up so we can get back to business. :D

12. S-type

^^^^ Don't be so impatient, Jamms! :D It's more important we make a decent job of it!

Just thought of another title - Creative Showcase

Jammsbro likes this.
  13. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

As a big fan of coming in here and admiring peoples work - - - I believe that while it isn't something that should be rushed people would also like to know that things are moving along.

While their findings shouldnt be taken as the answer a few polls would be worth while in helping mods form their decisions. IE new names, structures and new threads ETC.

14. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Please continue with the discussions and ideas, like most things around here, we will take our time, and try and get it right the first time.

GBTG, Cy, S-type and 3 others like this.
  15. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I agree. You never know what might come up in the next day or so in this discussion thread that might be worth consideration.

S-type and Perfect4ths like this.
  16. S-type

River won't need persuading about a name change - he too has never liked the name "Creative Backyard"! And I for one would attach some importance to any suggestion he might make!

I agree that "creative" should be kept in the title, unless someone can come up with some really brilliant alternative!

17. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Creative Centre (center) would make some sense!

18. Nemesis

Nemesis

Maybe Creative Graphics Forum?

19. S-type

^^^^^
    It's true that computer "graphics" in all its guises is the largest element of the creative sub-forum at the moment, but there are also other contributions, such as Photography, Music, Writing and Drawing, all of which your suggested title would simply exclude!

Nemesis likes this.
  20. Cy

It's not just graphics tho. Dont forget the great music and pencil art, and writing.
    How about "Creative Phun 4 Everyone" or "Creative Phun" "Phun Creations"

sub sections could be "Phun Vibrations" - music and sound. "Phun Scribbles" - writing
    "Phun Vision" - graphic arts.

The main forum has sections with subsections, why shouldnt CB have its own subsections?

Nemesis likes this.