1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How to search: An illustrated guide for noobs and idiots

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by DrBrumTangerine, Nov 12, 2005.

1. DrBrumTangerine

DrBrumTangerine Phun Medical Resident

I just logged in for the first time in a while, and received a PM that I thought you'd all like to see. I'm assuming it's a thank you for the hard work I put into this tutorial, from giggs. Feel free to PM him and show your support. Here it goes:

Now, just to reply in public, I'm sure you're really a lovely person, but I'm afraid my girlfriend would probably nail my gonads to the wall if I told her I was leaving her for you, so I'm afraid I'd better stay in my current relationship. Thanks though! :006:

2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

what makes me think you can deal with him?

3. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Sounds like you have a fan Brum.........welcome back :D

seriously, hope you had a good trip, don't be such a stranger around here.

4. sexypix

sexypix ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Well, fuck you dickhead, why do you stay away for so long?

Nice to see you

5. DrBrumTangerine

It's nice to crash in for dramatic effect :)

Nice to see you all too. Especially br's sig - is that Ms Max?

6. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Sure is.......twice.

7. DrBrumTangerine

One of her would probably kill me.

Two would be silly. My urethra would probably split.

8. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

anyways...
    this thread is still worth a look...

9. K_T

K_T

Awesome tutorial. I like!

10. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

illustrated tutorial :)

Some of the phunners here need to search for the word idiot ;)

11. d.Drama

d.Drama Board Devil© No. I

Some don´t know better and need longer time, so calm down, you´re maybe an idiot in other stuff but no one will fuck you that for...! If pips don´t understand it´s the fucking language problem, so try to explain easy. This, the i.net, is for everyone, and everyone can expected that someone explain how things work and if he is slow in understanding, his not an idiot you arrogant...what ever you are...!

12. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Erm, WTF?

13. TheRiver

what´s the problem?

there´s a "search" item on the menue-bar. right-klick for advanced search, enter model´s/celeb´s name, click on "show results as threads" and see what´s in store. you can also limit your search on model-forum, celeb-forum or video-mania.
    since there are some threads updated every now and then / daily you also might want to click on "show results as posts".
    (if you are lucky all the posters at least tried to name their threads as descriptive as possible - but that´s another story. in most cases they are, though)

just a little effort. for some unknown reasons the reposts in the model-forum have increased significantly recently...

14. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

That's possibly because the Model Forum search system seems not to work properly! For example, if you search on the Model Forum for a Eufrat set called "Tsikasi", you'll find one by that name, posted by EdWRX today! Fine! But if you search for threads started by me, you will find on page two that I posted a Eufrat set by the name "Tsikasi" a couple of weeks ago! Ed's pictures are several times the size of mine, and are a different selection, so it's not a repost, but the search system is clearly out of whack!

15. TheRiver

honestly - maybe it´s my karma, but i found yours instantly...

16. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

When searching by title "Tsikasi" you only get the one from Ed

[​IMG]

When searching by model "Eufrat", you will get all of them. Kind of a pain in the ass when you have a real popular model and maybe don't don't as often.

[​IMG]

17. Kieks

Possibly the " thingys before and after deem it as part of the word and that's why it doesn't come up?

18. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

I wasn't really using the quotes.....that was just for this purpose. Sometimes using a wildcard can work, sometimes not. It's like the search engine wants to ignore the titles sometimes......but when you post it in the body of a thread it catches it. If ST had posted the same of the set in the body of the thread, it probably would have seen it.

19. Trulsone

Trulsone

I don't have any "search", it seems to be disappeared, seriously...I'm already logged in but the search-tool there is no more, WHY?????????:confused:

20. Kieks

Take a read of this, and the other half dozen threads people have posted asking the same question.