1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

How to view a single post?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by drzurkon, Aug 14, 2012.

1. drzurkon

drzurkon

Hi Phun

Before the site vBulletin upgrade, if one clicked on the post number of a post (on the right side of the post title bar), you could see or see the URL for seeing JUST that single post. Now, after the upgrade, clicking on the post number or copy-URL-paste-and-go gives one the whole thread page, with the window scrolled down to the post in question.

Sometimes I would like to save a post or get the pics from just a single post -- is there any way to construct a URL or use the board so as just to display a single post only in a tab or new window? Other forums still retain this feature from older version of vB. I assume this behavior is an Admin setting in vB.

Thanks!

Dr. Z

2. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

I miss that feature of the older vBulletin version too, but it appears not to be the way it works in the newer vBulletin versions!

drzurkon likes this.
  3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

sadly not. this would require some quite remarkable editing of the code.

4. drzurkon

drzurkon

OK, I used to run a vB site so I did a little research. It is a vB4 problem, the showpost.php script was crippled allegedly for SEO reasons. Fine. Presently all calls to showpost.php on Phun redirect to showthread.php, and this is the main thing that needs to stop -- that and a bit of repair work to the showpost.php script itself, and the page template that builds the link attached to the little post number on the far right side of each posts blue title/date bar.

I tried various uses of &perpage=1 appended to the showthread.php call and none of them worked, BTW!

Here is the answer, it is a bit of work but I think the benefit could be worth it!

Code:
    from   http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247950 

Lynne:

The page showpost.php is all updated to vB4 coding and included in the vB4 
    download package. It has a couple of areas you need to comment out that 1) 
    does a redirect (around line 120) and 2) prints as an xml if it does print out 
    (at the end). So, both those areas need to be commented out. Then, just add 
    the $templater code at the end to spit out a template, add the template name 
    to the $globaltemplates array at the beginning of the page, and create the 
    template and viola! You have a showpost.php page. You would then want 
    to edit the postbit templates to link to the showpost.php page instead of 
    the showthread.php page when you click on the post number.