1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

I need some advice on a sig I am trying to create

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by PlanetHendrix, Jun 19, 2012.

1. PlanetHendrix

PlanetHendrix Phun's Philosopher ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Tits & Tats

Here is what I have so far:

[​IMG]

What I am trying to do is place these in a way that has the woman look like she is looking at herself. These are the photos that I am using:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was hoping for some advice on how I could make this work. Can someone help me?

2. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

move the left girl slightly lower.

kill the text till the rest is done

use a single central light source top center to explain the opposing shadows. If you want the text top center behind like that use a really light bright color with a hazy glow in front of your main light source . Or even use the text AS your light source with appropriate glare to explain the shadows on the girls. I'd do a color select on the blue, mat it, and use a gradient mask to add gamma to the top fading to about the base color at the bottom to blend the background with your light source.

That help? Kaos is really good at using light sources in his seamless collages, you might ask him. The hard part about simple sigs like this is to give them depth without being obvious. I'm not really a fan of using the sparkle/gas effect, (usually because there's too much imo) but it's been a really popular style for years.

For me, the most important part is choose a light line(s) and STICK TO IT. And make sure your text follows that same line for lighting. Not much looks more amateur to me than a nifty background with loads of lighting with a main subject that CANNOT possibly be lit that way.

You can do it! :tup:

Magge and TheOne like this.
  3. PlanetHendrix

This does help and will take a bit for me to try these things. I will definitely be re-posting in here and getting more advice.

Cy likes this.
  4. PlanetHendrix

How is the angel? Does it look like the eye lines match better.

[​IMG]

5. Graphical User Interface

Graphical User Interface

I think Cy's advice is all good, one thing I can add is a simple trick that might help with the size and placement of the girl she's looking at. Dupe the looking shot, flip it and position it left to right, then put the other one on top, reduce opacity to 30-50% and scale it until it matches. Then return opacity to 100%, add a layer mask and soften the right edge as a start on the transition from one image to the other.

Oh and I'd recommend trying Selective Colour for the different colouration in the backgrounds, should help. But there's a lot of variation there which might not be easy to even out so a colour selection with some kind of overlay may be your best option here.

Magge, Cy and PlanetHendrix like this.
  6. Cy

GUI's right on the color selection. IMO, the very worst part of this is going to be her cropped hand. Youll have to get other pics from the shoot in as close a pose as you can and put it back. For the background blue. Stick a soft oval gradient as a lowest layer, then when you color select and start masking you have a layer down deep that will help blend your alpha in the other working layers. Just keep the gradient soft.

If you want her to look herself in the eye try a plastic ruler. then just match it up. I know thats low-tech but its hella quick.

Keep on tryin :cheers:

Magge and PlanetHendrix like this.
  7. Cy

heres aquicky, took about 5 minutes using pre-existing abstract wallpapers, layered, mode changed for effect and merged down each time. then just use a sunburst brush @ 50% opacity, start tiny and increase brushsize 15% each time and save. :)

[​IMG]

helium, Magge and PlanetHendrix like this.
  8. PlanetHendrix

I'll give it a shot.

9. PlanetHendrix

New try.

Does this look ok and that she is looking at herself?

[​IMG]

Click to see.

and how does the background look?

A.tab, Cy, helium and 1 other person like this.
  10. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

If i had the time ... i would try to learn how to do stuff like that.
    I am so impressed with you guys ! ... Amazing !

Big Bamboo!, Cy and PlanetHendrix like this.
  11. PlanetHendrix

[​IMG]

The latest incarnation. How is that. Now the lighting.

A.tab and Cy like this.
  12. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Del, I hate to be negative but, the shadows are throwin' me off. Under the ass of both, it appears the light source is centrally located. :dunno:

13. PlanetHendrix

I can see what it looks like with out. I was just trying to keep some depth from the original photo.

14. Cy

try adding in a central light source.

new layer
    fill black
    grab a large soft brush - set it big
    color white
    set the mode to lighten only
    move that layer around and see how it looks.

:tup:

15. PlanetHendrix

I actually used a lighting effect to try and get the same idea. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Merlin, Cy and A.tab like this.
  16. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

:yes(1)::cool3:

:35::yup:

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  17. Cy

Hmm, I think it makes the girls too bright while not effecting the blue part which is the problem.

Try using a previous version with the girls before, do a color select of blue, then try lighting it again. The girls are bright enough we're just trying to make the background and shadows make sense.
    Also, try moving the girls down a bit to give room above, that will make your high central lighting some room and also give you somewhere to put your text. That will give a purpose to the lighting. Rather like your name is what is emitting the light that shines on the girls. Something has to be shining that light, and i may as well be you, right? lol.

Merlin and PlanetHendrix like this.
  18. PlanetHendrix

Something like this?

[​IMG]