1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Miley Cyrus Discussion

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Majesty9917, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Here is a place to adore, drool over, shower adulation, bash, trash, admonish, scorn...etc.

Personally, I dont see what the big deal is. Shes showing skin constantly. Isnt that what we all come here for? Its mind boggling that anyone who frequents this place could be so uptight about a chick acting like a freak.

Now, I admit that im puzzled as to what fanbase she is trying to cater to. Her shows are not appropriate for her kiddie fan base. Girls will probably be put off by her overtly sexual behavior. That leaves us men. As nice as it may be that she is so willing to be raunchy, I would never attend a Miley concert. I dont assume many guys would. Am I wrong?

5 people like this.
  2. statik

statik BANNED

She's obviously not appealing to her former kiddie fan base. I don't understand why people who are all up in arms about it don't understand that.

3. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

To be fair, if you didnt know what to expect and brought your 8-10 year old daughter to one of her concerts, you would be in for quite a surprise. Not to mention that you might have a lot of explaining to do. Not a convo I would look forward to. :lol:

4. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The situation is that her 10-12 year old fan base will probably aspire to be overtly sexual like her. That is what parents should be afraid of. God help them.

I don't think she has any true beauty. I think her songs are fairly mundane in the music and writing. I think all the showmanship is her attempt to become significant and deflect from her flaws.

No doubt she knows how to drum up publicity.

5. leviathan0999

leviathan0999 BANNED

She's an adult pop music star. The fans who were 10-12 wen she was are adults now, too.

If she was a male pop star doing the kinds of things she's doing, nobody would blink. Pop star trades on sexuality for publicity? If it's Robin Thicke or John Mayer or any of a hundred others, that's never going to be a headline. But Miley Cyrus is female, so it's the scandal of the ages.

2 people like this.
  6. Majesty9917

Really, isnt that what its all about these days? Talent is irrelevant anymore. Its all about getting your name talked about as much as possible. Its a sign of the times. Years back you had to have talent to get noticed. These days with the news being as aggressive as they are, social media and a constant ability to stay connected with others, any kind of talent is merely a plus, rather than an expectation.

1 person likes this.
  7. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

Do they still show re-runs of Hannah Montana on whatever channel it aired on? If so, then she still has young kids as fans.

I'm pretty sure that if Robin Thicke started showing his dick in a bunch of photoshoots no adults would be all upset about it but he'd get talked about a lot in the news.

and Spider would love it. :)

8. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

I'd say that anybody who spends several hundred dollars for a couple tickets without knowing what they are going to see deserves the largest and most phallic of stoned hot dog rides. :lol:

3 people like this.
  9. Caarcaar

Caarcaar

I think she is just following in the footsteps of many other female Disney stars (Britney, Christina, etc.) and Madonna. She hasn't done anything worse than those three and I think she gave parents ample time to see what they are getting their kids into if they bring them to her concerts. Not a fan of her music but her new album has gotten good reviews and being worth $150 million already and pretty much guaranteed to make another $30 million off of this tour + the album sales and whatever other buzz she can create she should be applauded for having great business people looking out for her. I don't mind seeing her naked either.

1 person likes this.
  10. sloanagain

sloanagain do u c what i`m saying?

She, or whoever controls the money has that on there minds first. Whoever is backing her knows that there is money to be made(like every tour she`s ever done), or they wouldn`t be putting all of this money in to this extravagant show. I think tickets are somewhere in the 150 to $200 dollar range and are selling very well. On a personal level, I think she is just having fun and expressing herself(I don`t like her type of music, but she seems to be a fairly adequate singer)like young people tend to do, and she`s showing us all that sweet bod, that I thank her for. The role model thing kills me, I don`t think it`s her responsibility to be anyones role model until she becomes a parent. In conclusion, I think Miley is a good thing. Get nekkid baby, more power to ya!;)

11. Bilbo Faggins

Bilbo Faggins BANNED

I disagree. Miley Cyrus was just one of a plethora of child actors/pop singers, yet she's the one who stood out among them and has successfully transitioned into adult pop. What separates her from them? Obviously, her chops. If she couldn't back up her shtick with a voice worth listening to, she'd have been relegated to background noise a long time ago. Britney Spears is a great example of that; she was a child star who rose to fame on the strength of some catchy synth tracks and then faded into obscurity once she had to rely on discerning listeners to build a fanbase. Whatever's left of her career is thanks to tabloid scandals and pity--and, like Cher, a sizeable gay following.

Miley can sing. Her music may not be your taste (or mine, though I think Wrecking Ball is a damn good ballad) but the girl has pipes. This raunch routine isn't about her being a slut, it's a counterculture statement, and she should be applauded for it. This country is fucking prude, and needs to lighten the fuck up. Hopefully, Miley's message will get through.

1 person likes this.
  12. Majesty9917

Well, first, I dont think anything you presented proves my opinion to be incorrect. I wasnt speaking about Miley specifically. I was speaking in a much broader and general term.

Second,

I found this to be rather amusing. If you want to believe that Miley is some sort of revolutionary far be it from me to impose on your happy place. Ill just call it attention seeking and be done with it.

13. Bilbo Faggins

Bilbo Faggins BANNED

I wasn't attempting to prove anything. I was making a comment about Miley not being one of the talentless publicity-hounds you spoke of.

I never said she was a revolutionary. She's hardly the first pop star to sex up their act. But the claim that she's merely an attention-seeker has no merit whatsoever. She was already selling albums and packing houses prior to this latest act. She already had all the attention she'd ever need. Her counterculture nature, however, is plainly evident. Consider she's also a supporter of the "free the nipple" campaign. Riding in on hot dogs and faux-diddling herself on stage. The accounts that she's smart as a whip and completely in control of herself and her act. It all adds up to a person making a deliberate statement. Attention-seeking isn't this grand, nor is it ever this measured. There's a calculation here, and no whiff of desperation.

1 person likes this.
  14. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

publicity up...album sales down

check the stats

(like Lady GaGa she's lost the plot)

15. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

Exactly. Female, and formerly Hannah Montana. If she was anyone else (Taylor Momsen for instance) no one would give a shit.

16. Majesty9917

Well, you quoted me and said you disagree and then cited a bunch of stuff about Miley. If you accept that I wasnt specific in my comment then im not sure where the "I disagree" comment came from. I still stand by my original statement.

Fot the sake of argument, I will accept in full your counter argument regarding Miley and the nipple campaign etc. Still, even if all that is true it inevitably comes back to one thing. Attention. Whether it be for her singing, acting or any other agendas she may have. I dont hate her. Shes good at what she does. Shes gotten my attention on occasion and never did prior to this reinvention.

17. Bilbo Faggins

Bilbo Faggins BANNED

And what is the plot, exactly? Conformity?

18. Bilbo Faggins

Bilbo Faggins BANNED

Well, the implication was that you agreed with the person you had quoted, who was specifically speaking of Miley. If you didn't, I imagine you would have said so. But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

Does it really come back to attention, though? For some, no doubt. And I'm sure Miley wants to get her music/message/whatever out to as many people as possible. But I don't think she's simply a famewhore. In other words, I don't think her goal is to get attention for attention's sake. I believe she has integrity, at least insofar as her attitude goes.

19. Majesty9917

I quoted him because I agreed that she knows how to drum up publicity. Then I segued that into my opinion about the state of things in general regarding the mindset of todays culture.

For me, it all comes back to attention. I have no desire to debate her integrity. I am not educated enough on the subject to offer a competent argument.

20. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

no