1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Miley Cyrus Discussion

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by Majesty9917, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Celeb Debaser

Celeb Debaser ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

I'd like her to cover the NIN track Starfuckers.

2. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Why would you want her to ruin a perfectly good song? :33:

3. J3scribe

I don't understand why some of you think that Miley Cyrus is/was anybody's role model by choice? Clearly, her Disney image was created by Disney, and I doubt she had much say in it. Now, as an adult, no longer under contract with the Mouse Monster, she's free to do as she pleases, and if that upsets people who have a preconceived notion about how she should act versus how she does act, well boo hoo for them. That's entertainment.

Look at Taylor Momsen (I sure like to). She sure didn't grow up to be an adult version of Cindy Lu Who because it was expected of her--if indeed it was--but instead chose her own unique path, as is her right as an independent adult. I'm fairly certain we all have. If I was rich and famous and someone insisted I was a role model I'd tell 'em to fuck off. Don't hang that sign on me. Few people actually go to the trouble of becoming a role model on purpose. Instead, other people, for whatever reasons, assign that onus on individuals they admire, but they seldom give a second thought to whether or not those people are interested in the job.

Hannah Montana is a fictional character. If people want to make her a role model, that's all well and good, but they shouldn't saddle Miley Cyrus with that burden forever after. That's what reruns and DVDs and streaming video is for, to preserve that era for what it was and to admire for its own purpose. Live and let live folks, Miley ain't that little girl anymore. Her image is in her own hands now. If you don't like her new image, look elsewhere for satisfaction. It really is that simple.

1 person likes this.
  4. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

I mostly agree with that.

If you are famous, you are something of a role model whether you like it or not. It isn't your choice. And, it isn't the kid's choice either. Few people would stop and consciously say "I'm going to make my life choices based on what {role model} does". But, we do absorb and take our cues from everything we see around us. And famous people, by definition, have a greater visibility. So, if you are a public figure, expect to take some shit about your behavior. That's comes with the fame.

But, if you don't want a celebrity to be your kid's role model, then be a bigger one yourself. You won't have very much luck yelling at culture and hoping it changes, but you can create some yourself. "(Don't) Be the hotdog-riding-female-justin-beiber you (don't) want to see in the world". — Mahatma Gandhi, verbatim.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lefty11

Lefty11

Yep, I agree with Scribe for the most part. She didn't ask to be a role model, but she sure accepted the fame that goes with it and in turn, the responsibility. Perhaps if she didn't switch charactors overnight, while still catering to teens, I would be more sympathetic to her cause. How can I blast models or singers whose sexual acts cater to adults? It's for adults. I guess in the end my distaste for Miley is her irresponsibility regarding her influence on kids. WOW! That was therapeutic. Thanks Phun!
    As for other people, you obviously have a single minded view on who I am, blinded by your distaste for my statements. I may as well bang my head against a wall. It matters not if you believe me. Just like I don't believe you view this site with your wife. Also, I find it hilarious to act offended at the word skank, while on a picture and video forum defending Miley's act. I guess one has to speak like a saint to be a good person. Skank skank skank!

6. leviathan0999

leviathan0999 BANNED

Speaking for myself, it's got nothing to do with your integrity. It's got to do with a world-view that believes that women who actively enjoy their own sexuality are the rightful subject of pejoratives and scorn. There's no respecting women when you come from that place, and whatever the feelings you classify as respect are something else entirely.

Your point is bootless, because it assumes there's something wrong with women being happily in command of their own sexuality. Nothing could be further from the truth, and nothing could more disrespectful of women.

2 people like this.
  7. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

This is what I have been trying to get across to him. I'm no saint. Me and my wife do enjoy this site. We had a great time at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo this year too. I'm glad you were able to put it so succinctly.

8. quelargo1976

I'm trying to defend her right to act as she chooses. I do not have a single minded view of who you are. I have no view whatsoever of who you are. I am trying, and clearly failing, to say that women own their own sexuality and have the right to use it as they see fit without judgement. I may be falsely assuming, but I doubt you judge men as harshly for the way they act in matters of sexuality. If I am wrong and you routinely call men skanks, sluts, or whores for their behavior then I apologize profusely. I personally think that Miley is only slightly above average singer who has decided to use whatever she can to make more money. I think that is smart marketing.

9. quelargo1976

Just to give you an idea of where I am coming from, we live very near to Las Vegas, and were considering going to see Miley in concert this Saturday. We both decided that since we're only fond of her music and don't love it, that it wouldn't be worth the ticket price to us just to watch her shake her ass in a thong. We'd both like to see that in person, but not for 200 a piece.

10. J3scribe

There's no inherent responsibility that goes with being famous. That's an assumption, and an egregious one at that. I think too many people mix up persona and personality and then start creating criterion that intermesh both. It's faulty thinking, and the only person responsible for it is the one creating the false virtues.

1 person likes this.
  11. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

I definitely agree there, I wasn't trying to suggest there was. But, saying "I'm not a role model" has never stopped people from trying to attach that responsibility to you. There's a difference between being a role model and it being your responsibility to be one. It, unfortunately, comes with the fame and it's not something you can opt-out of, just like paparazzi attention.

Though my first paragraph was longer, I was trying to emphasize the second. Everything in our culture shapes us and if somebody is worried about that effect on themselves or their children, they need to take that responsibility on themselves rather than passively complaining. Spend more time with your kids, don't let them listen pop stars, turn them on to better music, etc.

I just cringe when I think of the rich and famous complaining about the minimal downsides of fame and fortune. :p

12. J3scribe

Depends on where you live.
    True dat.

13. J3scribe

There are far better asses in tinier thongs to be found in Las Vegas. Would still cost you 200 a pop though, and that's just for drinks. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  14. quelargo1976

True, but like most people here I generally find celebrity women hotter than non celebs. Whether that is justified or not, its how I feel.

1 person likes this.
  15. J3scribe

I don't think that's the general consensus. Perhaps we should start a poll. :33:

16. quelargo1976

A fine idea!

1 person likes this.
  17. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

I dont know if I would say hotter, attractive would be the word I would use. It wouldn't implicictly be applied to looks.

2 people like this.
  18. fee

fee

We're all marketing and selling ourselves to some degree. I say, sell it while you got it.

2 people like this.
  19. quelargo1976

Precisely. Its the main reason most of us are here. If we went strictly by looks, most of us could find hundreds of more attractive women than your average starlet. Celebrity gives them the edge though, and guess who are the ones we fantasize about.

20. Westside

Westside BANNED

pole?
    from when she was a she and cute...not a wtf and omg wtf is that!
    [video=youtube;u8J_0FVcITk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8J_0FVcITk[/video]

2 people like this.