1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Miley Cyrus pledges to leave US, if Donald Trump wins!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by kapat, Mar 5, 2016.

1. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

for example proves my point though....smaller poorer states can get in the way of progress...just look at states like west virginia and missippi. ppl have always complained about it but for any reform to happen you would need these small states giving up power.

2. El Superbeasto

El Superbeasto

Smaller states "giving up power" would completely go against the way the country was founded and the way the country functions. By your rationale we should just do away with the concept of states and just become one giant country with no individual state borders. That would never work.

3. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

well when a few thousand ppl have more power than a few million it defeats the purpose of voting.........we need more proportional voting.

4. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

States have been giving up power since the nation was founded. What do you think the Civil War was? How about Texas' various efforts to leave the union? States have no sovereignty. They are not free to leave the union and their laws and regulations are countermanded by federal statutes wherever they exist. We stopped being a literal union of states a long time ago, and have been a single, indivisible nation ever since. Do we say the United States "are"? No, we say the United States is. That's not an accident.

I can understand the arguments in favor of the electoral college (and I can understand arguments against it) but if you're going to start giving lectures and talking down to people, you should at least understand what you're talking about.

1 person likes this.
  5. kapat

kapat

Cali should just secede from the union. That'll solve a lot of problems.

In any case,

6. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

This isn't the picture forum.
    What problems would those be?

1 person likes this.
  7. Rickman

Rickman

The thing I really love about this thread is how it brings people together--on my ignore list.

1 person likes this.
  8. jtfloyd86

jtfloyd86

That's two times now, where you've failed to even try and refute a SINGLE thing about my post. Why is it that Trump haters (aka liberals and most women) think that insinuating someone is racist when they can't think of something else to say, is a suitable way to have a conversation? This election proves that your typical SJW shaming tactics are meaningless. If you feel the need to arbitrarily marginalize my point of view while offering nothing to back yours up, that's on you sweety. Won't change the fact that Trump is the new President. But hey, you can still cling to Bill's "better half" needing illegals to help her win the popular vote though. ;)

3 people like this.
  9. El Superbeasto

El Superbeasto

What do I think the Civil War was? It was about federal government overreach. That was the whole point of the southern states seceding. Also if each states laws are countermanded by federal law then how come marijuana is legal in Colorado and other states? Federal law still sees marijuana possession as criminal. I live in North Carolina and a few years ago the citizens of North Carolina VOTED to ban same sex marriage (however you stand on the issue isn't important at the moment), only to have the federal government come in and overturn the will of the people. That is wrong. No matter where you stand on any issue, if the people of a state vote one way only to have the feds overturn that decision is wrong. You could make that argument for anything. If California voted to legalize marijuana only to have the feds come in and overturn that decision would be wrong. That is federal overreach.

10. J3scribe

The people voted to deny equal rights to a particular sector of the population, effectively turning them into second class citizens, which is a violation of any number of federal civil liberties. That is wrong. In fact it's reprehensible, and that is why the law was overturned. I would hope that the federal government would overturn any law that curtailed the basic liberties of any group of people for whatever reason, as long as their activities are not detrimental to the safety and well being of the public. If you feel this was a case of federal overreaching, I feel you couldn't be more wrong.

3 people like this.
  11. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

To avoid getting heated, let's avoid taking a stand on the moral rectitude of these issues and stick to the point: federal law takes precedence over state law. That is what I'm saying. The states are not a collection of independent bodies; they are essentially districts within a singular nation. In fact, the electoral college has nothing to do with states' rights; it's about keeping rural areas (and their people) in the presidential voting process. This theory holds true whether we're talking about states or just one giant mega-state.

12. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

you want an intelligent conversation but keep bringing up breibart talking points.......you have any legit proof of illegals voting? and having racists in your cabinent and saying the things he said in his speeches will get you a well deserved racist label....you are the one calling ppl sjw.......your pov isn't based on facts so why would i respect it? trump can be the new president all that shows are alot off ppl aren't too bright......no hair off my back...

1 person likes this.
  13. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

it is as rich as germany so it's not like it would be hurt by it.

14. Vagrant278

Vagrant278

Not even close. SC is part of the US. The US is protected by the Constitution. The Constitution supersedes any law that is enacted by any state. Some laws, like marijuana legalization, are not protected under the Constitution, so those are questions of States rights vs. Federal rights. However, any state law that does violate the Constitution, such as the ban on same sex marriage or the enslavement of African Americans during the Civil War, then it is struck down. If your state dislikes this, they can always leave the USA. However, that is completely Un-American as you are literally leaving the United States of America. That also makes you a separate country. One that can easily be invaded and overtaken to be brought back into the USA at the USA's discretion.

1 person likes this.
  15. flyhigh

flyhigh Titfuckin Marion Raven :D ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

politics < nude hotties

so uh, fuck politics. by the by what ever happened to miley doing a naked concert with some random band?

16. J3scribe

Yeah. Forgot all about that.

17. nutting in your anus

nutting in your anus

That turned out to be fake news. Incidentally, the same thing that helped get Trump elected (just to tie everything together.)

2 people like this.
  18. Goodfella49

Goodfella49

HELPED Trump win? Are you f'ing kidding? The fake news worked against Trump, not for him. It's damn near a miracle he was able to overcome all the lies of the pathetic and decayed MSM.

19. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18

an example of a low information voter.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ripe

Ripe

I think that both Trump and current mainstream media follow Nookie Thompson's (from Boardwalk Empire) maxim:
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

Then again, they might also be following Mark Twain and his:
    "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story, unless you can't think of anything better."

2 people like this.