1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

New Song: Wild Russia

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Badfinger19, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Badfinger19

Badfinger19

So first off..... I have to thank GBTG for inspiring me. When you posted Dresden it gave me the push I needed to do something like this. Thank you!

So this is the first song I've recorded on my new iMac using Logic Studio. This is also the first time I've recorded something of this style. Most of my older stuff is pretty standard rock. This is different.

I named the song Wild Russia because that's what was on TV when I started this. For me that's kind of a standard practice just to get a working title. Typically I change it later. Since this song has no lyrics and it reminds me of when I was in a club in Vladivostok Russia.... I kept the name.

All comments are welcome, good and bad. In fact.... Give me all the bad comments you can. I know there's lots of room for improvement and your input will help tremendously.

Wild Russia

2. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Awesome, downloading now, I'll edit this with my thoughts after that! :cheers:

ps. yay, another musician! lol

Badfinger19 likes this.
  3. Razor84

Razor84 The Masked Man

Nice. I'll listen to it tomorrow! :thumbs:

Badfinger19 likes this.
  4. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

downing now, thanks.

Badfinger19 likes this.
  5. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ahhhh, the opening sound of the pre-packaged "thunderstorm" effect, I think any experimenting musician working with Logic programs has used that at one point or another. I'm not crazy about it because I know that sound so well, I think it'd have been better if you got some field recording of a storm that isn't as over-used, but that's all beside the point. Well the track thus far is definitely not was I was expecting, I know you played in some rock bands so I was anticipating some guitar oriented rock, and what do we get here? Total shoegazer, electro/pop experimentation, and I must say that I'm digging it. A few of the synth tones sound a little too condensed (particularly that main one that comes in around 0:39) but at the same time it's kinda fitting with the songs overall aesthetic. The piano is VERY nicely layered, it's not right up front but it's there to steer the melody when it needs to! Overall very cool, and like I said, very unexpected (!).

One question, was it all done with software instruments? Or did you layer in some live recorded instruments as well?

Regardless, fantastic contribution to the CB and I'm stupidly excited to have another contributing musician around here! :D

Cheers!

Badfinger19 likes this.
  6. Insomniac

Insomniac ಠ_ಠ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'll check it out & give an honest opinion (when sober) rock on bro :headbang:

Badfinger19 likes this.
  7. mah0ne

mah0ne momsenetic ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Downloaded it ... listened to it.
    I gotta say im quite impressed. You managed to create an interesting atmosphere and you stuck to it throughout the whole song. It also sounds professional to me. Keep it up, im looking forward to more.

Badfinger19 likes this.
  8. LiquidVapors

LiquidVapors Lawyers, Guns And Money ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Thanks For Sharing Your Work Bro. The Off Key Piano Works If It Was Not So Off Tempo.
    Its Just Needs To Follow Through. Theres Nothing To Follow Us From Start, Middle And Finish. Looking Forward To More Of Your Stuff. :cheers:

Badfinger19 likes this.
  9. Badfinger19

Badfinger19

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I originally wanted to but some live guitar tracks in the song but as the song grew I could find the appropriate place for it. So yes, everything in the song was a software instrument, played by me. The only loop in the track is the drums.

I've already got ideas for the next one. It'll have guitars. And vocals. But I'll tell you right now, my voice sucks. :)

LiquidVapors likes this.
  10. LiquidVapors

LiquidVapors Lawyers, Guns And Money ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Just Do It Brother! :cheers: Cant Wait For The Next Track :cheers:
    Let It Flow Bro! ;)

11. Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Can you re-up? I'd like to give it a listen

12. stedman

stedman

Yes I too would like to listen to this
    Sounds like its very well done