1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

New sub-forum...

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by cayne, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I don't see the huge gafaw over having 2001pm's thread in the creative background. there have been many stellar pictures I've saved to my pictures thanks to that thread. the Moderators in their wisdom moved the thread to this section of the board, I appreciate them doing so.

Magge likes this.
  2. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

i moved it, so thanks for mentioning wisdom... ;)
    (although.. probably not a real wise move?)

anyways.
    who said that edits in the one thread are better than in the other, generally?
    who did disrespect any thread?

what some phunners don´t see yet is the fact that having phunner´s own creations (again: words, poems, stories, edits, sigs, songs, tunes, paintings, walls, collages, .... ,.... ) in the creative backyard is what distinguishes phun from other places that deal with similar content (more or less explicit celeb-/model-pics and -vids) - and should be encouraged by establishing this special place.
    we should proudly showcase all the combined talent in the front yard instead of hiding it that in the backyard, though...

Austxsoul, S-type, Inuk and 3 others like this.
  3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

You a mod again Riv? I hope so.

4. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

I still stand by my opinion which imo reflects Cayne's intent to start this sub-forum; it's creative and showcases Phunners own work.

To me creative is more than collecting/posting wallz from the netz in bulk;
    and although I believe it serves it's own purpose as Inuk stated and 2001pm does a nice job at it, I don't think it was intended for this sub-forum.
    But, hey , I can live with that, so no offense pm. ;)

On the other side I'm opposed to the idea some suggested lately to merge this thread with the "Original Phunners" thread.
    It would be a major turn-off for all the creative fellows here seeing their work getting drowned in the massive posts and it
    wouldn't take long before they stopped posting all together (I know I would), taking us back to square one.

I also think creative is more than cropping images and pushin' some filter/effects button but again I can live with that.

In all I have the feeling that the Creative forum is a bit washed out and bleached and maybe needs some vitamins
    and respect 'cause the last months there's been too many pointless discussions and throwing cheap shots.

It made me quit the sigs threads and general involvement in Phun not to mention the unlogical descission to unstickie the Sig Safehaven.
    I read the "reason" to do so and it's still not clear to me.

Although it proved it's purpose several times it won't do so for long 'cause in less than a year it'll probably be at page whatever
    and none will find it anymore let alone remember it.

Probably some year from now a new member will come up with the idea:
    "Hey guys, let's start a thread to keep a backup of all our sigs as thumbs on a reliable imagehost in case some hotliking imagehost quits on us." :D

But as I altered my second post in the Safehaven: Who the fuck cares as life goes on.

At least there's a creative forum now; it only seems that the "backyard" is really becoming a backyard and I don't think this was Cayne's intention.

;)

Jammsbro and SilentB like this.
  5. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Unfortunately my p/shop skills are limited to not much more than that TCF ;) I think you are one of the most talented guys in here and your knowledge of photoshop is second to none.

I haven't heard of any of the talk about new forums, mergings or anything like that but i think Creative should be exclusively for phun members creative content, whatever form it may come in.

And i have never understood why Safehaven was unstickied. By it's very nature it cannot be bumped to keep it afloat so once it drops of the page any new members will not be able to view the library of quite incredible work that is in there.

The Cunt Factory and irish-sid like this.
  6. toolz

toolz Hater ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its not just about pushing a button, its about "LEARNING" how to use the resources.;)

Magge likes this.