1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

PHUN needs YOU!

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by cayne, Jun 18, 2009.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

...and your creative skills!

1. We need a logo for our brand new twitter page: http://twitter.com/phunorg - it's friggin small, you can see it here: http://twitter.com/wtfazzhole (right side, under following) the original doesn't need to be this small, twitter scales it on it's own, just the ratio needs to be right. plus it should be readable in that small version, so just somthing simple -> PHUN

2. the twitter page also needs a background image. It's late and I can't tell you any exact specifications, but you can test it with your own twitter page. The background image should have the same look & feel like the phun.org frontpage and the forum = blue/white with some sexy (sfw) girl or something like that :D Maybe a sexy and a funny image would be good.

3. I'll come up with a little "thank you" for the person who comes up with the image(s) I'll finally use on the twitter page :)

GBTG likes this.
  2. ManRay

ManRay Back !! (Kinda) ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

heh, sounds like a proper challenge for the Phun Creative Backyard ! :D

3. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

150x150
    [​IMG]

73x73 (dimensions shown on twitter page)
    [​IMG]

I'm not a twitter member though, so I don't know what the layout is like for a background page.

rapids_x, Magge, Cold As Ice and 4 others like this.
  4. cayne

cayne Guest

but that's a great one! :)

thanks!

http://twitter.com/phun_org - sweet :D

I just put it up, because the old one was soooo bad. but it def. goes into the right direction! almost like a winner :>

now's time for the background!

GBTG likes this.
  5. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Hot girls are always good

[​IMG]

and here is my twitter background image

[​IMG]

6. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Don't really understand what the size/ratio for the background should be ... does it fill the whole screen?

However I think I know the right member to make some real exclusive stuff for it ... you should ask phildgray ... makes wonderfull pencil drawings from scratch.
    Could do a pencil drawn impression of Phun's frontpage
    Think it would be awesome ... maybe tweaked to fit a blue background.

7. Nemesis

Nemesis

From what I can tell, from checking out the sites that offer free twitter backgrounds is that the size of them are 1920x1040. I don't use twitter myself, but if I'm wrong someone who uses it let us know if that's right.

8. cayne

cayne Guest

go go people we need some more input here :D

9. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Twitter main restriction is file size. The image I used was based on one of their free background images. The stock image plus a background color makes it look like one image.

The one worry I have with making a large image is that not every computer screen has the same resolution and/or pixel size and a large image might get improperly distorted or even cropped.

Nemesis likes this.
  10. The Cunt Factory

Think it should stay simple ... about the same as gobacktogo ... aligned it to the right (.org that is), gradient from Phun's frontpage blue and letters filling most of the square ... size 73x73.

border [​IMG] no border [​IMG]

For the back I'd rather wait until someone tells us what the size and ratio is.

1920x1040 seems rather large ... would have thought they use a full screen ratio like 1280x1024.

When made as wide sreen and resized to fit on full screen it would look akward and visa versa ...
    So anyone clear on the size/ratio ? ... Cayne maybe ?

11. The Cunt Factory

OK tried some on twitter and came out with this:

my screen dimensions are 1280x1024

Made this background [​IMG] 1272x824

and came out correct on the homepage [​IMG]

So I guess the size would be 1272x824 ...
    don't know if it applies for larger/smaller screens but I also tried it with a back of 1600x1200 image and it got trimmed at the right and lower side.

Also the central part wouldn't be seen [​IMG] so I measured the left and right useable band and came to 260.
    So left and right of the 1272x824 there's a stroke of 260 px width to show some.

Nemesis likes this.
  12. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

Phun is non-profit, of course...but I'd be worried about possible copyright issues using someone else's pic (even for a tiny logo/avatar). Especially on a high-profile site such as Twitter.

13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

[​IMG]

Maybe Phildgray would like to draw something nice for the background.

Magge likes this.
  14. SilentKnight

An expansion on the basic design concept of gobacktogo.

Likewise, I'm not on twitter - so I'm unfamiliar with the layout or appearance.

If chosen, shared credits to gobacktogo.

(vector-rendered and scaleable)

Basically I stayed close to the overall theme of the phun mainpage to keep the 'brand' consistent and easily identifiable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rapids_x, Cy, TheNewGuy and 2 others like this.
  15. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

All very cool. I'll have a go at this. Just have a couple of requests to do first.

16. SilentKnight

Ver. 2 (with one of our models added)

[​IMG]

17. cayne

cayne Guest

I think it should be as simple as possible. the first try was nice, maybe adding some "gloss" effect and it would be perfect...but the background is still missing :D

18. cayne

cayne Guest

overlooked this entry. looks nice, round corners would be an idea. the size seems to be about right. it looks good @ our http://twitter.com/phun_org page.

19. The Cunt Factory

First draft of some idea.

Background image [​IMG]

First I changed the color codes in the design colors (look under settings - design - change design colors).
    Changed "background, sidebar and sidebar border" to code f5f5ff which is the light phunblue we use on here.

This way the sidebar at the right blends in with the man on the right. His saw is slightly inclined to make it appear as if it's inside the sidebar.

The pondering man with saw is an allusion to our Phun way of discussing (sometimes raw, cynical but with a ;) and a :p);
    it's also a hint imagewise on the woman which is kinda cut vertical 'cause the textbox in the middle and is not shure he liked what he did.
    Will try to create a jagged edge to her right to make it look more realistic.

On the left I blended a woman (no nude 'cause I'm not sure Twitter will allow nudes) with muted blue to match the phunblue background.

Then changed "links" to the muted blue which is used on the Phun Frontpage, code: 7991be.
    Finally changed "text" to 3b3b3b(neutral gray, close to black).

Color codes for the design option: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The homepage should look something like this: top of page [​IMG] bottom of page [​IMG]
    except for the "jagged" edge between the woman and the text box (need to do some work on that later).

For the small picture I noticed they accept .png also which makes it fairly simple 'cause it would blend in the back automatically.
    Something simple like this: [​IMG]

rapids_x, TheNewGuy and Nemesis like this.
  20. The Cunt Factory

Goofed around some more with the jagged edge and some additional text.

Akward looking background image [​IMG] but on screen would like this [​IMG]