1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Phun Tech Issues

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Green Bastard, Sep 17, 2013.

1. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

Do we still get food and shelter?

2 people like this.
  2. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  3. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

Is having your name colored in the list of thankers really that important? I mean I'm sure Thore and CAI should be able to figure out who's thanking their posts without it, right? :p

4. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

:p

Seriously, now that I know someone seems to have control of all this, I'm fine. As long as there's food and shelter. ;)

5. Green Bastard

No soup for you! But, you can wait huddled in the mud of our bamboo hut if you want.

1 person likes this.
  6. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I noticed many features has been disabled.Like how many are in a section.

7. duckster

duckster

How do I stop theses constant jasmin.com pop-up's

8. Green Bastard

Those ads are what fund the site so I don't know that we can do anything from our end. It should only appear about once per day or session unless you are clearing your cookies often or going in and out of private/incognito mode.

Or you could always use an ad blocker, that's up to you.

9. 6942karl

6942karl

I have been unable to open the thumbnails posted by some users which are then hosted on the imagebox site. In some cases it starts to open the larger version of the pic and then it immediately goes to a blank page with 'click for more pictures- pin to your collection'. I do have the highest setting for IE 9 selected for blocking pop ups (I was tired of always receiving the java spam from PHUN - usually in the celebrity section - that forced me to close everything to get rid of it). In some cases depending on the poster I am able to open a thumbnail in imagebox and have a working zoom feature - so I am wondering if this is limited to specific settings that that poster has created? I have not had a problem in the past with imagebox and I have allowed popups from that specific site. The issue has only started the past two days and I have cleared my cache and rest my IE settings but it still persists.

10. Green Bastard

I'm a little unclear on what you mean, but I wasn't able to replicate anything like that in the latest version of IE with the highest security settings. It doesn't appear that Imgbox requires either JS or cookies.

So, the first thing I'd suggest is to try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) not as a final solution but to test if you get the same result to narrow down whether it's your browser/settings or something else.

I can't imagine what setting they'd provide that would cause this, but maybe there is some kind of oddball url that links to a page that does require JS or something. If you find one link that works for you and one that doesn't, post them here along with the Phun thread and I can test them out and see what's different.

It's in all sections, but it maybe you just go to the celebrity section first so that's where you see it. It will wait for you to interact with the page, show the popup ad, then set a cookie noting when that happened. Then it won't show it again for a while, usually about once a day or browsing session depending on whether it can read the date from that cookie.

Also, not to be pedantic but so that you get accurate help in the future, there's a difference between Java and JavaScript. JavaScript is the one you want. It's sort of the default programming language for web browsers, always running on each page (unless you turn it off which may break things for you).

Java is a completely different programming language that also sometimes runs in browsers but as a plugin like Flash. It's very insecure to run in browsers and should be killed with fire (or via your plugin settings :p).

You should really update from IE9. Always update to the newest version when possible. Win XP users are stuck on IE8, but [DEL]Vista[/DEL] Win 7 and up should be able to use IE11. I'd maybe even suggest a switch to Chrome or Firefox.

11. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I have Vista and i can't have IE 11

1 person likes this.
  12. Green Bastard

My bad, Win 7 and up. XP is stuck on 8, and Vista is stuck on 9 apparently.

13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

That's why i told it.

14. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

All thread replies are missing throughout the forum for me....

15. Green Bastard

Can you see this? If so, can you explain what you mean in greater detail? I'm really not sure what you mean.

16. Big Bamboo!

I can only see this if I use that new threaded view box by scrolling down to find my post then clicking on your reply....
    All replies to original posts are missing throughout the forum Take this thread all I can see is your thread starting post but none of the replies... The whole forum is like that for me now...It was ok up till a hour ago.

17. Big Bamboo!

Threaded view box is gone everything is back to normal...

18. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

PC or mobile?

19. Big Bamboo!

PC Running Firefox with adblock plus

20. Green Bastard

It sounds like you've worked it out. But, if you aren't sure how, you probably accidentally switched the thread display mode. This is a "feature" of vBulletin though nobody ever uses it (and I can't imagine wanting to). Click "display" at the top, right-hand side of the first post, then make sure you have "linear" selected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.