1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Rate The Sig Above You

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by irish-sid, Jan 31, 2010.

1. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

So... now we don't have a rotating sig host, I wanted to try this out again. The last time this was made it caused some hostility, but the Creative Backyard has evolved A LOT since then. We now have SOTWs, Sig Duels and a lot of constructive criticism going on.

Yes people change their sig often, but this isn't an archive so people can go back a few pages to see what was said about a sig 3 days ago, it's rating the sig above you at the present time.

You may also post a sig that you've made for someone else and ask that it be rated too.
    This isn't just for sig makers to use obviously, anyone with a sig can post in here and get what they're wearing rated, it'd be unrealistic for whoever made the sig to post it here for a rating, so do them a favour and post so they can get some opinions on their latest work!

I'm sure you've seen these threads at other forums and you've seen how popular they are, but for those that haven't, here's how it works...

I've just posted, so the next person will rate my sig (or something I've posted for them to rate) out of 10. They will also give a sentence or two about the sig and why they've rated it the score they have. Some constructive criticism is encouraged, it will help people learn and also give them ideas for the next sig they make.

Happy rating!!......

2. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I talked about starting one of these when i first came on here but toolz was mega gainst it. I was very disheartened by it so i'm glad this is up. Nice one sid.

This should encourage people to talk about the work that happens in here rather than simply thanking other. I for one see lots that i can learn from the other guys in here.

Oops, forgot to rate.

I'd give it a 6/10. It's not the strongest use of the image. It looks like the original was too short for the canvas and it's a little too bleached for me. I do love the dot effect though. How'd you manage that?

irish-sid likes this.
  3. pigger

pigger Tweedy's new boytoy ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Power Poster Tits & Tats Purveyor Of Furpie

4/10

pretty colors, but confusing. needs more t & a :)

4. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice idea for a thread Sid, I think I saw something like it elsewhere!? ;)

It's weird for me to rate my own sig, but I'd give it a 5/10. Now that I look at it the smudge work is sloppy on the left side and the username text doesn't suit the sig very well.

irish-sid likes this.
  5. FaileyCyrus

FaileyCyrus Grande for Ariana

8.5/10

Only thing I would change a bit is the writing, the rest looks great! :D

6. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

8/10

Excellent pic choice

That sig makes Ms Watson look amazingly radient yet slighty dirty looking at the same time

BTW, Mandy-Fan did my current one.

FaileyCyrus likes this.
  7. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

8/10 Ms Lavigne and Mr Lavigne in one sig is just perfection ^^

now seriously love the font and the use of the pink here and there, kept it simply for the rest worked out perfectly

Billy Sastard likes this.
  8. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

8/10
    Great sig, love the way you got the three pics to be one focal.

I didn't make it. Someone at PSU randomly made it, thought I'd wear it here for a while. I know what you mean though. I loved all the effects they used, but having her looking like a Siamese twin is a bit wierd.
    It's a thread that'll be at pretty much any forum you visit.
    I, Jamms and I presume others have tried it here before but there were one or two certain members who were dead set against it. They were also dead against any form of competition. Now that they're out of the way the CB has really taken shape.

essential and Jammsbro like this.
  9. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

8.5/10

very nice sig, I like what you've done with the text, a slightly lower opacity on the dots would look better I think but other than that top job :thumbs:

10. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

Innu, I have to give this a 9/10. I think it is great. But I would have liked to see a bit less boarder at the top and bottom and more of the content. The a 10/10!

Mine was just a quick play with the new dimensions... and Luba! ;)

Innu3ndo likes this.
  11. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

9/10

really nicely made, not just a collection of naked chicks as i first thought, but representative of the (first 5) letters, very well thought out and put together. and dare i say it, not possible at 450*150! and she's hot, which really helps.

Austxsoul likes this.
  12. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

7/10

One of my favourite outfit on a superhot girl. I like the comic-esque effect and composition alot. The only thing that tarnishes the work (only slightly) is the image on the left, it's a great image but the colours put me off. If it was a little different i'd add 1.5 to it :)

13. GBTG

8/10, very nice composition and the subtle border effect makes her pop out a bit. Very smooth and classy!

14. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

8/10, its well blent in, the colour choice is nice also, looks simple but effective.

15. GBTG

7/10, it's typical of Lukin's 3D text style and the O around the girl is brilliant. The shadows behind the text look off though, the angels just don't add up. Regardless the effect is great!

16. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths Hell is empty. All the Devils are here! ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

I see we need some new blood, otherwise you guys will rate the same 6 six over and over ;)

8/10 I wish you could see more of the wolf, but simple and cool.

Ramsfan and GBTG like this.
  17. spiderswims

spiderswims You comin for me then you better be at your best ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

8/10. I like the pink circle around his hand.

18. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

5/10.........Pic is out of focus...and way too much contrast......Matches your avatar........but you can do much better......

19. helium

helium .

5/10

Innu3ndo likes this.
  20. Drowning In My Sleep

Drowning In My Sleep Emma=looking good again