1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Searches

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by AfterDark, Jun 22, 2012.

1. AfterDark

AfterDark

Good evening keepers of the phun realm.
    Question
    If one is inclined to post dated material but the search (advanced included) only turns up posts from a limited time span what's the best advice to avoid getting a post yanked or receiving the dreaded repost WARNING in your mailbox?

Also could you tell me why the searches seem to shorten as you progress? EX. initial search result = 8 pages. By the time I search page 4 the results only go to page 6. Is it just me?

Thanks in advance

2. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Google search is far easier to confirm if model forum or celeb forum material is a repost. Add 'site:forum.phun.org' as one of the search terms. If you have the model name and set name, google is usually fool proof for older content.

J3scribe and AfterDark like this.
  3. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

What Justin said above. Also, since we know the search function is screwy we tend not to hand out warning for the occasional repost. It happens from time to time. It's happened to me. Chronic reposters are the ones who piss everyone off. ;)
    You're not alone. It's the damnedest thing. I wish I could give you a satisfactory explanation for the quirks we encounter around here but I can't, so I won't.

4. southak

southak

I get the same thing but it has been this way ever since the new forum style. Only ever get ten pages of search results then the number of pages gets less and less as I progress. It's been an issue for such a long time I presume somebody had reported it to the administrators? Is there another post on this issue?

Classyvixenart likes this.
  5. Classyvixenart

Classyvixenart Punkdubious

The Admins and Mod Staff are aware of issues with the Search function and are working diligently to make the necessary modifications in correcting any related issues. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we are doing everything possible to make your time here on Phun...as Phun as possible.

xo

6. southak

southak

Any update on this. I mean it's been such an ongoing issue I can't believe that it is not affecting numbers of users of the forum in a negative way. It's very frustrating and very not...phun.

7. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I think fixing other errors is more importand. I mean errors like "Server is busy" and so.