1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Shoots and images from unknown sources

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by weenfan, May 11, 2011.

1. weenfan

weenfan

Is there a way to find out what sources or events they are from?
    I have a shit load of HQs mostly belonging to the Celebrity Forum that are not currently on Phun.
    It feels bad posting 'unknown source' or 'unknown event' all the time.
    I noticed some folks recognize some of the sets but do moderators really find it exciting changing titles all day long?

2. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

If you can find the name of the source and the date etc, that helps. If not, then by all means post 2-3 a day and if someone out there knows the name of the shoot, they can point it out and I'll edit it, or someone else will. There's always the possibility that because you don't know the name of the shoot, it might have already been posted and will then be trashed, but that mightn't always be the case.

There's a lot about the moderating job that isn't exciting, but it's part of what we do ;) But best not to post a massive bunch at once, do a few every day and that'll probably work best if they're older, unknown shoots.

3. weenfan

weenfan

Ok thanks, but they will only be trashed if they are already on Phun, not if they were uploaded earlier and are gone now, right?
    I always go through 10 pages of search results before posting anything.

4. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Correct. If the pics were posted earlier but the images are dead or if they were posted earlier but in a lesser quality, then your thread should be fine to stay.

5. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Saved by Zero ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Going along with topic, maybe we can start a "where or what is this from?" type of a thread. Maybe that'll help a lot out, especially if you don't feel like sifting through all of posts from the "who is.......?" thread up at the top of the models' section of the board. :)

6. weenfan

weenfan

I did thought about it but i don't know feels kinda silly first posting one image in one thread and then the rest of the set in another thread.
    But i guess there are no other easier way than doing just that.