1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The thread for reason, scientific study and truth.

Discussion in 'Funny Videos' started by Jammsbro, Oct 3, 2010.

1. SOLOK

SOLOK

I saw one of my medication laden, former friends the other day... drunk and reeking of cigarettes and weed. It is disappointing to see this happen. He takes a daily dose of anti-psychotics and a couple other meds/drugs + booze + a pack of smokes + a half-quarter of weed + whatever else he can get his hands on. Hence the "former" friend part.

As an ex-smoker, ex-alcoholic and someone who has been prescribed medication several times before - and have gotten off of them every time, prescription meds are REALLY bad, as bad as or worse than anything you can find on the street. Prescription meds and street drugs are very similar in many ways, they are very addictive, mess with your head, and they both screw up your life. Unless you are 80 or have severe problems, we just don't need them.

Exercise and meditation is so much better, their free, healthy and give a better high anyways :2cent:

2. SOLOK

SOLOK

BTW great vids Jams, I think that there are in fact infinite universes, and unlike many people, I am completely cool with that. I am not "humbled" in any way, I am just cool with it and enjoy looking at it and thinking about it.

The last vid is way too funny! I have heard that argument so many times, I usually answer "Perhaps you are simply too ignorant to understand science..." Colbert rips him a new one in the funniest way :D

3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Usually you have to give Alex Jones a wide berth but the guy he is featuring here is very interesting and sees to know what he is on about.

maturales and SOLOK like this.
  4. Jammsbro

It's over an hour but i highly recommend it.

maturales and SOLOK like this.
  5. SOLOK

SOLOK

Thanks for the vid!

Dawkins is worth every minute to listen to, especially since his showmanship is so much better, compared to his early presentations. His dry factual barrage has turned in to a relaxed, confidant knowledge. Something I can't understand is why no one bothered to get him a water, he kept clearing his throat.

One thing that I find is incredibly rude is when people get the mic to ask him questions, then try to have a one sided conversation with Dawkins... "Isn't it so amazing about all the animals and plants blablabla..." Yeah, it is, that's why Dawkins devoted his life to it, jackass. If you have a question, ask it, if you want to just show everyone that you have something intelligent to say, get your own presentation. We are more interested in what THE PRESENTER is saying. I am glad that Dawkins stuck to his guns and told the guy to give the mic to the next person

It would be awesome to meet Dawkins and have a beer with him. :beerchug:

Jammsbro likes this.
  6. Jammsbro

I used to hate Dawkins but now i love him. He still irritates me though. When he doesn't believe something it's pretty much concreted in that it can be no other way.

And on a slight tangent, I've seen loads of movie interviews where the interviewer does the very same. Like Chuck the movie guy. He'll have Keira Knightley or someone on for an interview and he'll talk about 60% of the time of more. An interviewer should ask a question and then shut the hell up.

SOLOK likes this.
  7. SOLOK

SOLOK

Right, if they just want to talk, at least make it enjoyable.

John Stewart talks quite a bit on his show, but he's so entertaining that it makes up for it.

This movie looks good, check out the vid preview here:
    http://foodmatters.tv/

8. Jammsbro

This is a good example of the other side of what people think they know. This guy is a well known on youtube for being diagnosed with a mental illness. Videos filled with extreme paranoia, lies and hostility are nothing to blame on a man if he has a genuine mental problem but on all of his videos he gets more likes than dislikes. People actually believe him.

SOLOK likes this.
  9. SOLOK

SOLOK

90% of the time the mental illness is not inherently genetic, meaning that the illness stems from a chemical imbalance caused by improper diet, bad psychology or plain stupidity (smelling glue repeatedly on purpose for example)

Sometimes there are people more idiotic then the idiots we see, and they get more idiots to follow them lol.

10. Jammsbro

I can't stop looking at that guys channel. It's like car crash viewing. The stuff he says is so retarded, so extremely paranoid and delusional that i can scarcely believe it.

vonvarter and SOLOK like this.
  11. Jammsbro

SOLOK likes this.
  12. SOLOK

SOLOK

I asked a few questions about noahs ark when I was a kid, shot holes through all the priests bs answers and was systematically told (upon penalty of suspension) to not ask any more questions, in or about church or the bible, in front of other students. Then I was completly forbidden to talk at all in church, I could only sing in church, I had to sing at church lol. Clearly I was a large threat to the roman catholic religion as a fifth grader!

I especially like the quote at the end. Looks like I was on the correct track for my treatment of those who talk about their silly invisible magic men.

Thanks for the vids! Also, your last few sigs look great. Gwyneth is such a cutie.

My contribution... the other realted vids are good too.

Even the bible thumpers say MSG is bad. Holy crap, we AGREE on something! JUDGEMENT DAY IS NEAR! lol :p

13. optiplex

optiplex

superb work bro...

SOLOK likes this.
  14. Jammsbro

Another brilliant video from Spacerip. The visuals and music really make this one a beauty.

SOLOK likes this.
  15. SOLOK

SOLOK

The sky is amazing, yet I see the world, as it is, as so much more important than a *possibly* inhabitable planet too far away for me to get to in this life. I live HERE, not there. I want live sustainability here, not somewhere else a hundred years in the future.

Call me selfish if you like. I want to be happy now

Thanks for the links Jamms, I like to think about other perspectives, even though I usually consider them to be wrong in the end.

16. ludocus

ludocus

Fascinating, especially the computer simulations of evolution.

SOLOK and Jammsbro like this.
  17. Jammsbro

Have you seen the series of bbc science programs that guy presents? There are physics, chemistry, maths and i think one called Atom too. They are all really good.

ludocus likes this.
  18. tpr007

tpr007

19. Jammsbro

The athiest/theist drama on youtube is very entertaining. It's also disturbing just how rational people can be twisted into believe and thinking horrific things by religion.
    Check out thunderfoots why people laugh at creationst series.

SOLOK and ludocus like this.
  20. SOLOK

SOLOK

Good suggestion with Thunderfoot