1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE Thoughts on megathreads.

Discussion in 'Social Media Personalities' started by J3scribe, Apr 19, 2018.

1. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Standard phun policy is to avoid megathreads. Why? Several reasons...
    • Megathreads tend to attract spam.
    • Megathreads offer a refuge to rule breakers.
    • Megathread posts are often anonymous.
    • With the exception of the Amateur Model Forum, phun prides itself on having a searchable forum.
    As a moderator it's my responsibility to enforce forum standards for any thread. Seeing as this forum is my baby, I want this forum to be a top notch contribution to the Model Section, and as such measure up to the standards of our oldest premiere forum.

If you folks think that single subject (model) or single topic (theme) Megathreads will add value to the social media forum then I (we) are willing to allow them, provided...

• All images are identified by name, date and source.
    • Some variation of the above is possible. If not, it's considered spam
    • A legitimate name must always be provided. The only exception being...
    • A photographer must be cited. Someone must be responsible for the image and its source.
    • Reddit, (indirect) tumblr, secondhand websites citing other sources, and other vague origins are not allowed. Period.
    • OP's must state and abide by the above.
    • Mod discretion always applies.

Fokker and essential like this.
  2. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Honestly i think it's an good idea for models like Jessica Nigri, Amy Thunderbolt and so on (patreon) they post alot

J3scribe likes this.
  3. dahazeleyeshornet

dahazeleyeshornet ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster

(I'm typing this at 5am, so it's a little confusing)
    I understand the policy but
    I think I mega thread for a single social media model is a good idea because that IG model can be found in one post and not spread out inside this forum
    Plus it would not push a lot of the other post to the back with one female
    examples like my posts of Kapree Karter
    But as long as the poster add that dates in the mega post

J3scribe likes this.
  4. J3scribe

I don't expect much feedback on this thread, but you guys do understand that I want every post in this forum to be searchable? This is not a forum for spam.

dahazeleyeshornet likes this.
  5. J3scribe

And by the way, thank you for getting involved in this forum. I know it's not popular now, but it will be if we work at it.

essential and dahazeleyeshornet like this.
  6. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Yup agreed, but if people add the rules u said above in every post within the megathread that shouldn't be a problem

J3scribe likes this.
  7. Paul Christopher

Paul Christopher

Don't know if this is a good thought or even if it can be workable, but could mega-threads be somehow limited to posts which contain images and not comments?

My thought is that if so, then anyone who has a pic to contribute- to say, Bella Thorne's mega thread- would be able to post their images and perhaps the title of the post could contain the "At Coachella, 2018" type of information....

J3scribe likes this.
  8. arandomguy

arandomguy Ten Years of Phun

Fully agree. There are a lot of types who focus on some platforms because of some kind of business model. Instagram doesn't seem to be enough maybe? I don't know, but seeing how Instagram, Snapchat and ... I don't know, some facebook celebrity pages are like the mainstream platforms, there could indeed be a megathread for something like platform-focused "content creators"
    But obviously there are some people who are more or less considerably more popular and who thus kind of have a bigger reach. I'd put those above the rest, i. e. they are exempt from the megathreads.
    Spot-on. Imho, J3scribe, you laid it out pretty solid. That's it, so far. Maybe there'll need to be a change in the future.

J3scribe likes this.
  9. J3scribe

Actually, there is already an unwritten rule in place for just that situation. It's called No Spam and there is a title tag for it [NS].
    This forum is for models who make their living/presence felt on the internet. As long as the source is recognized and/or searchable then it can be posted in this forum.

No Anonymity. No Spam. Everything must have a source of some kind. If it meets that basic standard then it will find a home here.