1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vbulletin - update - in the making, hopefully.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

it`s there. not really a big button. it`s in the lower gray bar - a small "thumbs up" image and a "thanks".

daitro, JohnC325 and LeMnEaR like this.
  2. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

3. robo99

robo99 passing thru ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just realized THANKS does not appear on my posts b/c I would not thank myself

oops!

4. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Toolbar seems to be missing when you "go advanced". I've luckily remembered the common bbs codes so far.

5. LeMnEaR

LeMnEaR wild about Emma!

Hi there!
    Apart from all little problems that have already been mentioned and will hopefully been solved anyway and the really long loading times I have observed two more problems (which might only be problems concerning my account).
    When I write a reply it doesn`t show up immediately, but it says "last poster: LeMnEar". The actual post showed up one day later (precisely) but by then some more posts have been added and mine is kinda late ;)

The second problem is: I have absolutely no rights in the bits & pieces forum any more. Is it supposed to be like that? If not, please have a look into it. Thanks! :)

btw if that post shows up immediately, I will edit it and tick yes, to confirm it might have been a temporary problem ;)

Shows up immediately: YES [x] (edit: problem 1 solved for now :D)

6. Smut_Broker

Smut_Broker

I can't even use the forum now. Any sub-forum I try to access I am told that there is a "content encoding error." Never seen that before.
    I was only able to get to this thread because it was a direct link on the front page.
    Just go back to the old one until this one is ready.
    Hopefully this helps move things along.

7. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah, that's been happening from time to time to me as well in the past couple of hours. Pains of a last minute upgrade. ;)

8. YourPalJustin

YourPalJustin All posts by ChatGPT Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

With respect to your second question (in bold), all the threads in Bits&Pieces are deliberately locked, preventing replies. Nothing new about that.

LeMnEaR likes this.
  9. daitro

daitro

Would it be possible to shift it back to its original position on the right hand side of the post? Force of habit to look for it on the right hand side.

Anyone else share my sentiment? :)

10. mokkoriman

Some weirdness with the quick reply option box. :scratchchin:

Once in awhile when I use the quick reply box, I get an option box that pops-up asking me whether I want to leave or stay on the page. If I choose to stay, my text from my quick reply remains and the actual message doesn't get posted... this kinda gives the impression that I didn't post the message, so when I hit "post quick reply" again, the quick reply gets posted twice.

11. gotham84

gotham84 ..this is the place to be Ten Years of Phun

..Holy Cow.. been gone for a bit, sunning in Kauai..came back..and all has changed..
    Cant find lots of stuff that I normally could. Guess many are having the same adjustments..YIKES...

12. Tarkus

Tarkus

Yeah, not just here, but on every other site I visit it's also on the right side (and that's where my mouse pointer usually is). Not a complaint at all (I'm just thrilled that it's already back), but I agree that the right side would be better.

daitro likes this.
  13. Cold As Ice

The thanks button is back, so what it's on the left side. There are other things that are more important then where the button is.

14. couger81

couger81

Quick reply needs to be fixed too as it tells me i need to close the current page for the post work.

15. mokkoriman

Bunch of right-wing nutjobs. :roll:

Couldn't resist, sorry. :lol:

BTW, is the box of smiley options hidden somewhere? I'm using smileys off of memory now and I'm not getting any younger so... where's the box of smileys?!?!

16. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

17. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Ok, I've been gone a few days and I'm sure it's already been asked and answered somewhere BUT...

Why for do the advanced options not come up when I 'go advanced' when replying to a post?

18. mokkoriman

Maybe cuz you're not advanced enough to use them yet, XS. :lol:

They're still a number of things needed to smooth out the posting options, but yeah - that should be one of them. Riv posted a thread where you can find all the advanced posting options here:

http://forum.phun.org/showthread.ph...-quot-for-posting-while-toolboxes-are-missing

X-Spectre likes this.
  19. Tarkus

Tarkus

I guess that's why nobody said it was the most important thing. Not every request is meant to be the most important thing ever.

spiderswims likes this.
  20. Cold As Ice

When i click on "go advanced" that is under Quick reply it opens for me. All the options that were above the text field aren't there, i think Cayne and others are working on it.

X-Spectre likes this.