1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Why has this forum been taken over by Jenette Mccurdy threads?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by mmikehunt, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Seems you are correct. I said his comments and intended to say the comments. The argument of her not being hot has been presented before by others, in regards to why she is being posted.

Good call on this one.

2. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Now we are getting somewhere. Why not lead off with this in your op?

So elaborate a little, please. What has this place turned into?

3. mmikehunt

mmikehunt ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Sarcastic Sumbitch

In my opinion, kind of an infomercial for Ms. McCurty. It seems like it is being taken over here because the posts won't get lost in a sea of other celeb posts. Same people are also posting her on the regular celeb pic forum. Seems very deliberate to me.....

4. Majesty9917

Im not so sure I agree. The posts are being made here because this is the section for social media pics. If he did post them in cp they would be moved here. I checked his latest threads and while a good portion are of Jennette, there are also others. If anything, id say he has a thing for nickelodeon girls. Im not aware of their posting habits, but perhaps Jennette posts more pictures than the others. Perhaps he does have more of an attraction to Jennette. What is wrong with that? Im sure we all have celebs we like more than others, no? He posts content about the one he likes. I dont think thats a problem. Under the current guidelines, he is abiding by the rules. If you can show me instances of him purposely creating seperate threads for pics posted on the same day or same event your argument might be more compelling. As it stands, I think its a case of the cx not moving as quick as cp. Are we talking about putting limits on the amount of threads that can be created about a certain celeb? That is not the way it goes here. If you have new content and follow posting rules, there is no violation.

3 people like this.
  5. trolha555

trolha555 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

for all you guys:

[video=youtube;_ue714d1V6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ue714d1V6I[/video]

6. mmikehunt

mmikehunt ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Sarcastic Sumbitch

Fair enough. I can't say that I post anything here because I don't follow anyone on social media, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I was just pointing out that it seems there is a disproportionate amount of posts about her, almost to the point of seeming odd or suspicious.

7. Majesty9917

Nothing wrong with that. As you stated, the fact that your op was thanked shows others feel similar. My issue was with your approach. All you offered was that you didnt find her that hot. Not a compelling argument, im sure you will agree. I have zero issue with discussion. The amount of replies made by myself in this thread should attest to that fact. I was fishing for something worth discussing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

celebrity Facebook pages are nothing more than extensions of their websites ie self-promotions
    visitors don't have to sign into FB to view them - they are open to the public(membership not required)

for this reason, i don't find anything odd/suspicious in some guy posting a celeb's latest uploads
    he's a fan(obviously)...an oddball? i don't think so

https://en-gb.facebook.com/jennettemccurdy

3 people like this.
  9. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

We have done some major brainstorming about it but in the end it comes down to the fact that, despite there being more threads, it's less time consuming to moderate them because we can see at a glance if a post is titled properly (which facilitates searching) than if we had to always be opening a megathread to make sure of the fact. If a thread contains both images and comments, each bump would need to be looked at. It's not like it's a huge effort involved, but inevitably members would start complaining about the plethora of comments and the dearth of new content. This is occasionally the case in Celeb Photos where people are known to complain about a lack of adds in longer threads that attract a lot of comments. I'm sure you've seen examples.

After numerous discussions about megathreads, the benefits never outweigh the downside where celebrities and erotic models are concerned, so it has remained the status quo to discourage them in CP and CX and MF, where commenting in threads is encouraged.

3 people like this.
  10. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

pretty much business as usual around here

1 person likes this.
  11. browill70

browill70

I wouldn't be surprised if she or one of her p.r. people behind those Jennette McCurdy posts. That's what keeps her relevant...

1 person likes this.
  12. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

<--------------------Would never post pics again if we switched to one thread for each celeb.

I'd still mod though :dance:

1 person likes this.
  13. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

He's a fan of hers. She posts tons of pics. He posts them here cause he thinks others might like it.

I'd flood this section with Aubrey O'day pics but nobody really likes her so I only post the bikini ones.

3 people like this.
  14. Majesty9917

I like her. I really like Jessica Parker Kennedy though ;)

15. Damocles

Damocles

I'm pretty sure the fact that she's a co-lead on Nick's new show keeps her relevant.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

At least the member is making contributions to Phun, I think that is the most important thing. This place could be all lurkers and no one posting comments/compliments about pictures.

2 people like this.
  17. Wildly Inappropriate

Wildly Inappropriate

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you dont think she or someone else isnt hot doesnt make it so. I think she is extremely hot, Was there really a need for you to make a thread bashing her? I notice you dont post pictures so who are you to bash the picture posters. I appreciate those people for taking the time to post pictures. So you can either ignore threads of celebs who you dont like, which is what most people do with a little common sense and/or start posting pix of celebs who you like.

18. ed6301

ed6301

I am thhe Fan he is complaining about. i do not work for her. i like her. she posts a lot of pics. and so do her fans when they meet er. if her does not like it, he does not have to come into my threads. i know people on other forumns that get pics from here because thet did not see them anywhere else. he wants more threads of other celebs, let him go out and find the pics and post . instead he wamts to wait for somebody else to put n the work of finding and posting the pics. if the Mods want me to stop, i will. i can go somewhere else.

4 people like this.
  19. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

well said

you are one of the backbones of this forum...please carry on :)

3 people like this.
  20. Majesty9917

3 mods posted in here. None of us mentioned you stopping or going somewhere else. ;)

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.