1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO XenForo - Feedback, bugs & more

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. riveron

riveron

photos in celeb don't open with either single or double click, need to 'open in new tab'

thanks

2. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

The problem must be at your end - your browser perhaps? I'm on Firefox and I've just sampled one or two - on imagebam and imgbox - and a single click brought them up.

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  3. jifffemann

jifffemann

Would it be possible, if there isnt a setting already that I have overlooked, to choose to NOT display the avatars in the listing of threads ?
    [​IMG]

4. jvoitou

jvoitou

not that I complain about the new software, it's really nice and slick but the old forum had a cool feature I would love to see back, the topics with new content were highlighted with a bold font while the already read were not, if you guys could find a way to bring that back I would truly appreciate

if you can't I'll learn to live without [​IMG]

irishwhip likes this.
  5. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

It still performs this way for me.

Fapuccino and Big Bamboo! like this.
  6. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Not sure about getting rid of them, but i would personally like to change the avatar pic to a preview pic of the thread content.

jifffemann, Smoopy and Sonicboom like this.
  7. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Well, this is nice ! [​IMG]
    ... took a while, BUT ... better late than never ! ;)

A BIG Thanks to Cayne and all the Admins & Mods for making this possible !!! [​IMG]

.... now i have to learn all the new stuff ! :D

8. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

... and SHIT it`s fast !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

S-type and Big Bamboo! like this.
  9. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Is there a way to close sections?
    There was an option on the previous board that I'm guessing only I used, but it allowed a person to minimize or close a section because the person doesn't use it.

10. TheloniousMonk

TheloniousMonk Warningmonger ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And I like it how it is because it allows the poster to be easily identified while scanning a page for posts that might need mod attention.
    Of course the best solution would be an option that allows each user to have it the way they want it... but that could get elaborate to create/install.

11. TheloniousMonk

They work that way for read/unread while vB would unbold the old threads that you did not read when you open forum again later. This version keeps the unread posts bold no matter how many times you come back.

Using the Mark Forums Read button is the only way to accomplish that right now. I have used it right before closing the tab, come back and the new content only is bold.

Majesty9917 likes this.
  12. Majesty9917

The name of the OP is right next to the avatar pic, but I get the appeal. Perhaps the member names can be bolded or the text can be made larger. The latter of which has been mentioned by Cayne. Being able to choose would be ideal, of course.

13. Majesty9917

You are right, but he said new threads were bolded and the already read were not bolded on vb. Thats how it performs for me currently and from what you say, how it performs for you as well. I prefer the old vb way myself, though.

14. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

When you click on a Thread Title, like this thread, it takes you to the first post (rather than the latest post/page - as before the upgrade)

Otherwise you have to look for the tiny latest page number to click.

Just a little thing that will probably piss people off over time.

15. jvoitou

jvoitou

that's what I do too but each time I come back all the topics are in bold even the read ones (even if I just close the tab to reopen it 2 seconds later)

16. S-type

The XenForo unread/read corresponding bold/unbold markers works in the same way as for vBulletin, and as with vB one may have to refresh the page to trigger it while you're browsing (the automatic refresh period may be different?). However, XenForo is currently set to maintain the "actual" read/unread status of threads for 30 days, after which it automatically sets them as read unless the manual "clear all" option has been used in the meantime! I can't remember what the vB equivalent setting was, but it must only have been an odd day or two?

Anyone's preferred setting will depend on their browsing habits. For example, for someone who only calls in once a week or so, but doesn't want to miss anything since they were here last time, a long period of sustaining the read/unread marking will be preferred. But for those that come here daily and are diligent scourers of the forums, then I'd assume that daily clean-ups would be better?

So I've set it to 1 day. Let's see how that works out?

Magge, TheloniousMonk and Flippy like this.
  17. DSNY

DSNY BANNED

A random thing happening this morning. Clicking some topics which have (say) 6 replies I get taken to the last post instead of the 1st post. Some topics take me to the 1st post. Doesn't seem to be any logic to it. They are topics I have not read before.

Here is an example of the URL link from a topic title that links to the last post
    http://forum.phun.org/index.php?thr...ami-january-26-2017-x67.1729415/#post-8979225

Here is a link which links (correctly) to the 1 st post
    http://forum.phun.org/index.php?thr...n-cocktail-party-los-angeles-1-27-17.1730615/

And still no Avatar :(

Smoopy likes this.
  18. TheloniousMonk

I can say with certainty that vB would mark as read posts if you left the forum and came back. That could be a different with how the s/w is set up to work with cookies or history. Probably just something we will have to get used to. But as far as a marker of what I have views, the mark forum read thing has worked well.

19. God Emperor

God Emperor

There is no information like number of posts,like given,likes received,location under the avatar like it was before.Also the profile information does not state number of likes given,only number of likes received.

Smoopy and Big Bamboo! like this.
  20. S-type

I don't know whether another "skin" on XenForo might more nearly copy what vBulletin displays, but in any case the evidence I've seen suggests that XenForo doesn't even record the number of likes given!